C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

What would Jesus say about you condemning another institution or house of worship?

2. clive

clive Well-Known Member

I've been a member and attended several different churches in my years and I don't think I've ever known a pastor to write a different sermon for each service. I wouldn't expect them to. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'd be willing to bet that hearing a different sermon at each of two, three, or four services is definitely the exception and not the rule. Pastors, very typically throughout the week, will outline and make notes for their upcoming sermons and work on it all week. They'll follow that outline for each service and have some variations but to expect a different one for each service is unreasonable in my opinion. And as far as "putting out as many services as possible" (??)....I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Pastors will typically only preach as many services as people want to go to.........wouldn't you think?

3. Joel m

Joel m Guest

Considering the times? Even if I was fish I might have problem with your bait...:confused:

Whatever. I have read enough on here for me to say good bye..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2007
  4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I have to say that with the exception of the wanna be cross thingy, that the place looks more like a short strip mall than a church.

Craig

5. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Im not condeming, I go there, I was trying to show that it doesnt look like a factory

6. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood. I was rephrasing what you said.

Bye, see you in a next username.

7. Joel m

Joel m Guest

:confused: whatever

8. ws

ws Well-Known Member

build a turn lane

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am confused, when was C3 started?? i did not think they were started before 2000 but i may be wrong. i started going there in Aug.. of 2000 and just recently changed church homes and i did not realize they had been formed before 2000, but like i said, i am no expert so i could be wrong. i probably know you cause when i started there were under 300 people there and it felt like home.

10. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Cleveland Community was a church in 1998, when we moved here. They'd been a church for a little while at that point. They met at CES at the time. Our neighbors attended there and we went with them to a cookout to meet the new pastor (who's the current one). Apparently, his father-in-law was the pastor (the church had split from another one) and Matt was the one who replaced him. He's not the founding pastor.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining that to me, i had always heard when i was there that a small group wanted to start a new church and they brought Matt down to become the first pastor when they formed. i was there when we were meeting at CES, then PES, then our first building. His fil now is involved in the ministry but that just happened about a year or so ago and i thought it was a new thing - he is like the family ministry head or something.

12. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

I'd heard that Matt started the church, as well, but it's not true...don't know where that one got started...
    (who knows, could have been on one of these forums!) :)

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Nope, that came from the church when i first started, we were all told that Matt was the founding pastor. The story that was told was that a small group of local people wanted to start a community church and they reached out and Matt answered. Honestly, after being with the church for 7 years i had never heard there was another pastor before Matt, and trust me, i was "connected" when i was there. i believe they are doing a great job and following where God is leading them but i just felt, personally, that i needed a more local connected church and missed the fellowship of knowing the people i worship with. When i first started going there i pretty much knew everyone, the church has grown so much (which is awesome) but i just feel called to serve our community and i did not get that feeling any more from C3. Everyone has to find their own church home where they feel they are being called.

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

It gets deeper evertime you post

15. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

Actually, Matt's father-in-law, was not the "pastor" so to speak. The group of folks that started the church enlisted his help to find a pastor. It is true, that he preached and was a leader, but I don't believe that he was considered the pastor (more like an interim pastor). C3 was originally called Cleveland Baptist Church, but when Matt came on board, the name was changed to Cleveland Community Church (hence C3) so that the church could reach out to people beyond the boundaries of the baptist denomination.

The church met in Cleveland Elem. School for a couple years, but we were forced to move to a different location (can't remember why). We met in a tent up behind Food Lion one Sunday and had an awesome turn out. This was sort of a pivotal point for C3. After that Sunday, the growth exploded and we were meeting in Polenta Elem. Pretty soon, the church grew to 3 services because the cafetorium was at maximum capacity. Soon, C3 completed and moved into the building it currently occupies. Maxium capacity in the worship center is around 500. Now, C3 has grown to 4 services with well over 2000 people each weekend, hence the need for the new building.

There were some comments made about the cost of the building. Trust me, compared to many churches in the area and around the country, C3 lacks the frills that other churches have. Stained glass windows, elaborate wooden trim, and fully bricked exteriors are very expensive. Some might think the coffee shop and playground are excessive, but these are for the community to use 7 days a week. The bookstore at the church sells books basically at cost, and I would assume that the coffee shop will operate in the same manner.

Other comments were made about folks being asked to give money for the building. If you are a member of C3, you made a covenant to financially support the church when you entered into membership. As far as I know, non-members have not been asked for money. If you made a pledge to give a certain amount towards the building, I see nothing wrong with the church sending you a statement of what you have given and the balance to fulfill the commitment that you made.

As I said in my earlier post, I can understand bashing, etc. from those who are not Christians. However, I cannot understand why a Christian would bash his borthers and sisters in Christ.

16. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

go a different route

17. ws

ws Well-Known Member

no, tell that place to build damn a turn lane. if you dont want to then dont get pi$$ed when i wont let anyone into/out of that place when i drive by

18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

build it yourself...you're the one with the problem

19. newlifetaxidermy

newlifetaxidermy Well-Known Member

The church has built an entrance/exit on Josephine Rd and there are plans to build a turn lane on Cleveland Rd.

20. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I know one of the founding members of C3. They first met in a home and Matt was not the founding pastor. That founding member left C3 a few years ago.