paranormal

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Nov 15, 2007.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

true, i never think of myself that way. never have.

on the other hand, i remember how i idolized the radio people around here as a kid. most of them never thought they were anything special either, but i still always thought of them as rock stars. i try not to squash people's perceptions, though, and just mostly thank them for their kind words and for listening...

back to the ghosts

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My celebrity comment was a bit "tongue in cheek" but love QDR! ;)

Back to the ghosts and goblins, although I have to say, I am suprised at some of you. I guess I am a bit skeptical, but I have never seen one myself.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I don't believe in ghosts or orbs crap. Your mind is playing ticks on you. Go to bed earlier. NO caffeine at least 3 hours before bedtime.

5. Master_Shake

Master_Shake Banned

Since we're on the subject of ghosts and the paranormal...I have my own theory about ghosts and spirits. I beleive they exist, but I think that they are in a different spacial dimension. It's hard to explain, but I basically think that when a ghost is present, it is simply occupying the same space that we are, but in a different dimension, and sometimes those dimensions reveal themselves to each other. It's the same basic theory that the movie "The Others" was based on, with some variations.

I like TAPS because they approach the ghost hunting from a rational point of view and usually can explain things using common sense. I love when they capture an EVP (they really fascinate me and creep me out), but I've noticed that half of their investigations don't yield any results. Those episodes are boring, but at least it re-inforces that they are actually investigating peoples claims as opposed to just pandering to an audience.

Now, all that being said, let me introduce the "Gas Station Ghost" of Ohio

http://www.livevideo.com/video/APne...8AD3AA583/did-a-ghost-visit-a-gas-statio.aspx

And please, don't go ghost hunting. I think it's like a quija board: once you let something in, you can't get it back out. I think you all are asking for trouble!

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Seriously. You should have your eyes checked.

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had forgot that you were the one having dizzy spells. Yeah, definitely get your eyes checked. Are you having copious numbers of floaters (opaque squiggly lines) in your field of vision or flashes of light? These can be signs of retinal detachment and you want to get that taken care of with laser surgery before a full detachment. Of course, I'm not aware of dizzy spells going on with that, but dark shadows that move should be first determined to NOT be a medical condition before indulging in the paranormal.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

One thing about "orbs" taken at night. It may have already been mentioned, but you'll get these at times IF you are using the flash outside. I went down to the Meadows Christmas Lights last year and took some photos. I had orbs in my pics and quickly noticed what was happening...

Because I was either looking at the LCD screen or through the viewfinder, I was not noticing that there was moisture and very light particles of dust in the air. I took a couple of more photos with my eyes looking at the subject of my photo and could see the reflection of light (from the flash) on the tiny little droplets in the air swirling around. I hadn't noticed it before.

I'm not going to say that every orb doesn't have some degrees of mystery to them, but very likely any photo taken at night with the flash will result in orbs.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

HECK YA!

c'mon!

Hey! is that over by the park? My great grandma is out there... Her picture used to hang in the church next to it (pentecostal holiness)

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I gotcher orbs! ...

These are photos of my uncle's Grand Canyon trip (he was the guide)

It might be the sun ...it might be dust ...it might be water ...

But I doubt it. :shock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  11. gaby's mom

gaby's mom Well-Known Member

:shock: you're freaking me out! Thanks God I didn't read this before going to bed last night!

12. gaby's mom

gaby's mom Well-Known Member

cool!

13. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

Not to hijack this thread but we live in an old house that was moved onto this property, which used to be a farm. On Halloween, no less, my dog was standing in the hallway and suddenly started barking. It was the "someone is really here" bark, she was backing up and the hair on the back of her neck was standing up. When I looked into our room, where she was looking, it was just my daughter(who she loves more than anyone) lying on edge of the bed watching TV. Anyone have an explanation for that?

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

OMG Nsane - that big bright one at the bottom?? Holy Cow!

I actually had two houseguests (I think). One has been here since the Flowers ghosthunting trip. People I have spoken with feel like it is a young man, 19 - who just liked me enough to follow me home, and enjoys being in my home with my family.

Some things that have happened - whooshing/wind blowing out of my daughter's bedroom (it sounded like there was stuff flying around, and the baby monitor went fuzzy. It "whooshed" by my husband, and *plopped* into the toilet when he opened her door.

Electrical interferences, like stereo volume going up, TV going off. One night my alarm went off three times in row. My youngest was only a few months old and sleeping in our room (and still does!). I checked it, dual alarms were set for 5:45 and 6am. It was 11PM. It went off a second time, and I was getting annoyed, I drifted off to sleep knowing if it went off another time it would fully wake the baby as she was already stirring. It goes off a THIRD TIME, wakes the baby. As I got her, I said aloud. "Allright. This is not funny. Knock it off".

We have felt breezes, cabinets/drawers opening/closing in the kitchen at night. All very innocent stuff. I do not feel anything *bad*. If he wants to hang around, eh fine - not hurting anything.

Now the other houseguest showed up last fall, after a death in the extended family. This is the light flickering, dark shadows, knocking on glass, something tickling mine (and my son's) ears. All of this happened in one morning to my son (and individually on other occasions), and he ran out of the kitchen - he was the only one up - it was about 6AM. He looked back to see our 60 lb Boxer was terrified. That dog saw it. That gave him the guts to go back. He held that dog and told whoever/whatever to get out and leave his dog alone.

He hasn't had any issues since. That particular ghost seemed to focus more on my son.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, Cleo, I know you are one not given to flights of fancy. Your post just creeped me out! :shock:

16. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

yea and i will be alone during the night all weekend, im sure ill be thinking about this now!!! :oops::shock::oops::shock:

17. Cleopatra

Some of these things are just unexplainable. How does an alarm clock go off (in loud-arse buzzer mode) 3 x in a row one night at 11PM?? My brother stayed with us for a month or so a few years ago, and he mentioned the cabinets/drawers were a nightly occurance. He was sleeping in the LR which is adjoined to the kitchen. If I were really concerned or felt in danger I would do something about it - or even have real ghosthunters come in and investigate. Right now it's just a conversation piece.

So, Jen... you still coming by tonight??

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cleo, if you posted and I missed it, sorry. But how old is your house? I wonder if you are having electrical surges. Although that certainly doesn't explain the other things. :shock:

19. Cleopatra

It's almost 10 years old.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hmmmmmmmm, got no clue then!! My Grandmother is beginning to half way think that her house is being haunted by her husband's first wife. He's passed on too, so maybe he can tell her to go away! She says she's heard footsteps upstairs when she's been alone in the house. I've spent a lot of time there and havent' heard anything. But she is one of the most level-headed people I've ever know too. Not sure I want to spend the night there anymore. :lol: