A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. le

le Well-Known Member

Oh gross and I know that well. Huge peeve of mine in general.

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Me too, hope all is okay!

3. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

What's embarrassing, is if you talking to someone and a loud one just comes out...you giggle and then say excuse me...LOL

Well, look at the bright side, they are burping and tasting it, at least they aren't farting so you'll smell it:mrgreen:

4. MommySAIDno

MommySAIDno Well-Known Member

Thanks for the prayers guys. I'm not sure what is going on. I'm playing a little game with Kent to keep my mind off of it. Hey - he's psychic...maybe he can tell me what's going on;):mrgreen:

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Moms...sending your prayers on a wing...

Wish me sanity tonight, for we are hosting a girls only High School Musical party for the ladies in my DDs class. She earned it, based on report cards. So far, we've gotten few RSVPs..(Personal pet peeve...not responding in any fashion, so we have to guess for how many kids..)

DW and a good freind are chaperoning the party, as I plan on being upstairs with serious headphones and packer football highlights video to drown out the giggles and squeals and early girl chit chat....

Safe weekend, folks...

Don;t forget..Hooties Holiday Bazaar at Westview Elementary to benefit Westview PTA..It's for the kids, folks...

6. MommySAIDno

Thanks H6,
    Don't worry - you will do fine tonight. The girls will entertain themselves probably. We did something like this for my DD recently. They had a BLAST.

p.s. sneak down the stairs and surprise your DW by giving her a kiss and asking her if you can help her out in any way. ;):mrgreen:

7. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Where are yall, lunch?

come on, the board is boring lately. damn it.:lol:

8. MommySAIDno

I'm packing.

I HATE packing!!!:?

9. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Ok, so I took a 2 1/2 hour lunch and come back with some new clothes... yeaaaah! Belk's is having some AWESOME sales. :mrgreen:

I seriously did need some new jeans. I promise I did. :-D

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Sometimes I have to work! :lol:

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Mommy,

Took the day off to fix up the downstairs for the party. Wired in DDs karaoke machine into the wall stereo and BIG tv, so they can karaoke their little hearts out. Shampooed carpets this week, and have spent my day GI'ing this house, not to mention getting snacks, drinks, etc ready.

Gotta tell ya..had one parent say they'd like to come meet us 15 min ahead of time. I applaud that. He's a LEO and making sure his DD is in a safe environment. Bless him. Don;t mind at all that engaged parents want to know that the environment they place their kids in is safe. Talked to him last night and recommended he take his DW to a movie, Martian Child, with John Cusack.

Recommend this movie to all..except maybe Ken...just not the Shogun's style, I'm guessing.

And, yes, i will 'monitor" the festivities to give LOML a break.

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

koo... step away from the computer and go get some work done!

YOU did take a extra long lunch.:mrgreen:

Later Taters :)

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ok, if you insist! 8)

14. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

The kitchen looks like a tornado came through it. :x:x

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'm so aggravated!!!! I bought a beautiful christmas tree from a lady at Don Lee's today and got home and put it together and the top doesn't light up!!!! It's not a loose bulb or a missing bulb because we've checked.

I hope she's there tomorrow to give me my $25 back!!!

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

you peeking in my windows again? :shock:

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Check the connector, sometimes there are fuses in there that you can replace and make sure everything is plugged in correctly. Pre-lit tree plugs can be confusing sometimes.

18. michelle

Just checked the fuses, even changed them and put new ones in and that's not the problem. It's the piece that goes at the very top of the tree. The bottom 2 rows light up but from there up they are all out. This is the kind of tree that if one light goes out or even comes all the way out the rest of the tree stays lit.

I'm just hoping the lady is up there next Saturday and that she will give me my money back.

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought it was maybe like the newer prelit ones that each section has to be plugged into each other. Good luck, I hope you can get your $$ back! :-D

20. michelle

So do I! I may never see that lady again but I think she's a regular up there.