Speeding on 70

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DAVIDMILLER1, Nov 16, 2007.

1. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

I got an idea, Hughey....................why not pull your head from your anus long enough to breath. I am getting tired of your stupid comments. You simply amaze more with every post you make as to how you actually have the sense to get out of bed by yourself in the morning.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

3. blusdrmr

Sorry, but I am tried of Hughey's stupid comments. I can only take so much and my patience is wearing quite thin right now.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

There's always the ignore feature.

You do have my sympathy, it must be hard to be the unarmed man in a battle of wits.

5. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

A POLICE OFFICER'S PRAYER

Lord I ask for courage

Courage to face and
    Conquer my own fears...

Courage to take me
    Where others will not go...

I ask for strength

Strength of body to protect others
    And strength of spirit to lead others...

I ask for dedication

Dedication to my job, to do it well
    Dedication to my community
    To keep it safe...

Give me Lord, concern
    For others who trust me
    And compassion for those who need me...

And please Lord

Through it all
    Be at my side...

--Author Unknown ​

davidmiller1: of course, only 2 people were at the scene of your stop the other day, and we don't have the other version of events.

But, compassion is an integral part of the job.

One of the first things my Daddy told me before I was sworn in was not to get "badge heavy".

Use some discretion and some plain common sense.

Same thing we hear from the Sheriff and my supervisors.

Do your job, but use sound judgement.

As for attitude of the driver, I was taught to have my mind made up BEFORE I approach the vehicle as to what enforcement action I was going to take.

Don't use the driver's attitude as a decison to ticket or not.

I've warned many a driver with an attitude who didn't appreciate the warning vs a citation not one bit.

Now, if circumstances dictate a new course of action, then take that into consideration, i.e., your arm bandaged up in duct tape and blood trailing down your arm.

RE: radar detectors, or my favorite saying, fuzz busters (old school), I don't give them a second's thought.

I don't have a radar in my car anyway, so it won't do you any good with me.

I usually see a speeder a long ways out, usually bringing attention to themselves by weaving, passing everyone else on the road, erratic lane changes, stuff like that.

Alot of times when I pull up to a light and another car beside me has a fuzz buster, I'll motion for them to roll down their window.

I'll ask them first what is that thing on the dash or stuck to the windshield?

They'll turn red alot, but I'll break the ice and ask them if it's doing any good for them.

It's an amicable, quick chat, and I just tell them to not let it get them in any trouble and take chances. I want you to get home in one piece. Hopefully, there's someone there who loves you.

Blusdrmr: as for having a lower opinion of LEO's in general, I'm sorry to hear that.

Do we have some bad apples walking the thin blue line? Sure we do.

Got some having a bad day? You bet.

Hopefully, we'll do better.

But, if you or your family ever need us in an emergency, just call 911, and we'll be there as quick as we can.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh Lord, KD, you really made me laugh out loud. No offense blus. :lol:

7. blusdrmr

Speaking of the ignore feature.......is there a "shove it" feature as well? Maybe I can use that one for you. You need to join Hughey at the Mental Proctologist.

8. blusdrmr

None taken.

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

There is nothing I like to see more when I am driving than a police car having someone pulled over. Speeders have become an extreme danger:!:

Thank you Mr./Ms. policeman:!:

10. nsanemom22

No .. no shove it feature... but there is a go **** your self feature...
    I've used it in the past, beware though, it'll get you temporarily banned. :p

11. nsanemom22

Even better than that is seeing the ******* that whizzed by you doing 90, pulled over a few miles ahead. :twisted:

12. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

you never know who is related to who on here! im sorry that you think i am a jerk, but this is a subject that i take very personal. what if you had caused a bad bad accident that killed several innocent people including children? who would be the jerk then??? :roll: people need to get over the whole police thing, nothing pi$$e$ me off more than people who dont appreciate LEO's and what they do for their community and country! just obey the law, its not that hard!

13. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Then the darned cop should have followed him to the Urgent Care and ticketed him there. Blood loss is nothing to treat lightly, and this cop had no way of knowing whether or not he had cut something vital.

14. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Amen!

15. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I would hope the cop would know when there is a dangerous cut and a scratch.

16. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

why is it the cops fault? again he should of called 911 if it was that bad!

17. nsanemom22

Cops are like christians ... there's a joke there, I can feel it ...

Any way .. some cops don't need to be cops..

DH and I were going down Crapitol Blvd one night and witnessed a guy beating the crap out of his female passenger. The final blow knocked her out cold. I remember seeing her silhouette slam against the door/window then disappear. We saw a uniformed officer in a marked vehicle and stopped to tell him what was going on. We got the make, model, tag number and direction they were going. He said, and I quote, "Sorry, that's not my jurisdiction". He didn't bother to do ****.

To me, that was a ****ing slap in the face.

.. I still wonder if she lived....

So, yeah. Some cops ARE jerks. And for some cops, calling them a JERK is an insult to jerks.

18. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Why is what the cops fault? No one said anything is the cop's "fault".

What IS being said is that when someone is injured and driving themself to a facility for care for that injury...and it's obvious that they are bleeding all over themselves and their car, the cop has an obligation to put the person's health first, and the ticket second. Thus, the cop should have followed him to Urgent Care, allowed him to have his wound assessed to determine how urgent it was...and once that has occured, then he could have ticketed him.

Yes, his job is to stop speeders. It's also his job to not endanger someone's health in order to issue a ticket.

As for those who claim he should have called an ambulance...give me a break. Ambulances are for those who cannot get themselves to the ER for an imminent health threat.

How would you feel if your loved one died of a heart attack because there was no ambulance immediately available...and you found out that at that time, one ambulance was carrying a man who had cut his hand and was actually able to drive himself to the hospital?

And did you know that if your insurance doesn't consider the wound a non-ambulatory emergency - meaning one where you could not have gotten there yourself - they often won't pay the $500+ for the ambulance? Did you also know that if your insurance company feels that an Urgent care facility could have handled the care instead of a much more expensive Emergency Room at the hospital, they often won't pay for the ER charges?

You guys need to remember, a wound or health situation that requires urgent care doesn't mean the person is unable to get themselves to the ER or Urgent care. It means that if they delay in doing so, it could become very serious.:roll:

This is plain common sense.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

So it is all right for Blues to endanger others lives by speeding? I am pretty sure the officer evaluated the situation when he was pulled over and made sure he was not a danger to himself and the rest of us, then determining he was all right, ticketed him.

Also based on the information provided by Blues, we do not know that he wasn't ticketed in the parking lot. Blues also did an assessment on himself and felt it was not bad enough to go to the hospital; which would also indicate that the officer thought that the rest of us were more at risk then Blues was.

20. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Hught, and everyone who is claiming Blues should have dialed 911 and gone to the hospital ER. . .Have any of you ever been in an Emergency Room? If you have, you know what the deal is. . .you sit and wait. . .and wait. . .and wait some more. Bleeding, in an ER, does not get you serviced any faster, unless you have an arterial bleed and are spewing blood everywhere.

I went to Wake Med's ER one day, with a serious injury, but not bleeding. It was crowded and was told I'd be seen "as soon as possible." About 10 minutes after I arrived, three construction workers came in, one had an injury to his hand and had a BLOOD SOAKED towel wrapped tightly around it. He was told the same thing I was. . .and when the blood started dripping on the floor a few minutes later, one of his friends went to the desk and pointed it out. . .a nurse handed the man two more towels. . .thirty minutes later, I was in agony and went to the desk and asked how much longer it would be, I was told there were a few people still ahead of me and that if I couldn't wait, I should go to the Urgent Care facility right down the road. I did this, and right behind me, the construction worker and his friends followed. Once at Urgent Care, the bleeding man was taken ahead of me - as it should have been.

Arriving at an Emergency Room in an ambulance doesn't get you served any faster than a walk in either - unless you arrive on a backboard, or with a gunshot wound, or a severe head wound, or stop breathing, you wait your turn.

One could likely bleed to death in a hospital Emergency Room. :roll: