42 and Cornwallis?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Nov 18, 2007.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

What in the world happened to the house, trees, and landscaping on the corner of 42 and cornwallis? What is going to go there now?

2. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

They're going to build a new Walgreen drugstore there. I found out from one of my customers who live next door to the demolished house there.

3. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Hmmm... rumor has been there is a plan to build a WalGreens at 50/210 in McGees. Wonder which rumor is true.

My husband was at Triangle Landscape Supply (other corner of 42/Cornwallis) last week. They have a sign that they are relocating in January. He could not recall if the sign said said they are moving to Cleveland School Rd. or Corwallis. So I wonder what might be going in on the corner where the landscape supply currently is.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Drove by Saturday morning and noticed the same thing... a few piles of wood and rubble, a tree down, and the pool.... I was wondering myself what was going on there. About 2 years ago, wasn't there talk that the land that the landscape suppy place occupies was going to be sold and a grocery store was going in there.

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Whatever it is I think it would have been nice to at least attempt to incorporate one or two of those beautiful big trees on the lot into the building plans. I watched the back hoe rip those things down and thought what a shame it was.

Alas, the Johnston County dvelopment code (or whatever) probably doesn't allow for any tree protection.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I agree, now we can look forward to more Bradford Pears and Crepe Myrtles.

7. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

We noticed the corner on Sunday while going to church. Hope Walgreen's will relocate there; not happy with 4042 CVS.

Ro

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, I have to ask this question. It has bugged the daylights out of me since we moved to Clayton almost 7 years ago now. What is up with the house on the corner there with the NASTY pool?? Who know what the heck is in that thing. That is just GROSS!! :shock:

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And DANGEROUS! I hear Hoffa is there.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've thought the same thing about it being dangerous. There is no fence, it's disgusting! What if a kid fell in there, you'd never find them!

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the place used to look like somebody lived there, but not so much anymore

i bet their homeowner's insurance agent would have an anyeurism if he saw the pool...no fence, either

12. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

All Gone now.

DH said it looked like the house was still full of STUFF when the dozers whacked into it.
    ????

The Ford Brothers were in their truck watching it this am from their pasture. The workers were loading dumptrucks with what's left.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I wonder if there is some sort of gov't agency you could report it too. It really is a health hazard, mosquito pit, you name it. But you'd think if it was illegal, a law enforcement officer would do something, you know they have to see it as they ride by.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, when the father was alive, it was a nice piece of property. The father was an electrician and had his own company, hence that metal shop behind the house, and that old utility truck back there. When the father died, the son ran the business into the ground and apparently does nothing to care for the property or the house either.

15. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I think you might be talking about the brick ranch heading towards Clayton, next to the gas station, this thread is about the house they just torn down on 42 directly across the street from the little car lot. Easy to get confused with all the construction in this area.

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

correction: this thread was about the the house they just tore down.

about half way through the thread, the house with the pool came up. it's all at the corner of cornwallis and 42.

see post number 8

there were only 14 posts in this thread when you posted. you skipped a couple, apparently

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Confusion from the fact that both houses have/had pools. :eek:

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

OK, Now the house with the Pool next to the gas station,,,, I remember about 7 years ago the wife died at a very young age and after that he never did the pool again and the place fell apart,,, I think the ladies name was Linda and maybe she was only 51? That is enough to put anyone in a depression...

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can understand that, but it's been YEARS. If it was just unsightly, eh, no big deal, but it really is a hazard. That thing has to smell, it's got to be full of all kinds of ick. I would have nightmares if that was next to my house.

20. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

I agree on how disgusting that thing is. I've seen ducks in that water. Probably not alive anymore though!
    Someone asked about where Triangle Landscapes is relocating to, well it is going be moved further down to the corner of Cornwalis and the new 70 bypass in January.