Speeding on 70

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DAVIDMILLER1, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Man, did I used to love to watch CHiPs. Remember those days when they could have a vicious, multi-car pile up and everybody emerged with just a scrape and disoriented. Oh well, I guess you had to watch Emergency for that. Used to watch S.W.A.T., too when I was little.

2. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Why? Hand, Foot and Mouth disease is a common illness in children, and is not an emergency. It progresses over several days with fever, mouth sores and a sore throat.

If I was speeding because day care called and said my child had chicken pox, would you think that's "a little different"?

3. magnolia

In that case, call Brittany Spear's lawyer...he's got experience with these kinds of cases. :mrgreen:

4. magnolia

But call us first...we want video for Ken's film at 11. :lol:

5. magnolia

[​IMG]

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

OK, 3 or so years ago when Shelby was sick (puking, crapping, bleeding) I called the emergency vet - they said come on. I jumped in the car but DH said he'd drive. I kept yelling at him to go faster. He was already doing 10 over at the time. If I was driving I would have had the needle buried on my car to get her to the vet and wouldn't have stopped. It's my baby - you know?

My .02 - if you are too *excited* or *not rational* to drive, someone else should and if you are speeding - you get a ticket. I would have taken the ticket - but at the vets office. ;)

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh Mag, I havent seen the popcorn come out in a while

LMAO! :lol::lol::lol:

8. tawiii

tawiii Guest

All of this is incorrect.

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I saw a young lady in a Wake County Sheriff uniform today....D-E-A-M-N!

10. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Speaking of cussing out the law, here's a classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7LOpTiZDo0

Years ago before I was an LEO I was stopped by a Wake Co Deputy in front of the place I worked. I only said 1 cuss word, and the deputy told me in all easy-to-understand, 1-syllable words, "The next cuss word out of your mouth and you will go to jail."

My mama didn't raise no fool!

That deputy later went on to be a Captain and ended up doing my home interview when I was called into law enforcement. We've had some good laughs over that traffic stop.

Good rule-of-thumb: anyone who has authority over you, it's probably a good idea to be on your best behavior

However, sometimes a good, clever comeback to someone who you think has "done you wrong" seems to fit right in.

There was a preacher who was stopped by an LEO who wasn't on his best behavior. The preacher received a citation and just before the LEO walked back to his patrol car, the preacher said, "Son, I'm a minister, and if your parents ever decide to get married, I'd be glad to perform the ceremony."

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'll have to agree with the being on your best behavoir. I've been pulled 3 times, only got a ticket once. I REALLY deserved that one, heck, I deserved the other two as well, but I didn't try to talk my way out of it at all. No tears, no excuses, just was polite. Got warnings on those, and I've slowed my happy tail down, let me tell you. :shock:

12. tawiii

tawiii Guest

That's it! I love that clip. That's how I see the homo-stalker when he is pulled over. High pitched voice and all :lol::lol:

13. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

tawii: I laugh at this clip every time I watch it. Any LEO that gets bent out of shape over someone like this driver has a problem.

It would take alot not to burst out laughing.

But, it's hard sometimes!

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I saw that one on TV. Imagine how that guy acts when he can't find the remote!

15. DAVIDMILLER1

DAVIDMILLER1 Well-Known Member

Tit4Tat,
    No I do not....I did not say that, but it would have been nice to get a break. I did not mean to upset you with that post.

16. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Oh, ok. Well, I really dont care about your ticket so it really doesnt matter. As long as it isnt my ticket!:lol: Carry on........;)

17. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I love that one! DH doesn't get truly tickled very often, but when he saw this one ... well, I thought I was going to have to do a special load of laundry. :lol:

19. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

They stitched it up the next morning? I thought there was only a 6 hour window of opportunity with stitches?

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The plot thickens...