Christmas Angels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Nov 2, 2007.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

YOu can count on me to be on the committee. :mrgreen:

2. gaby's mom

gaby's mom Well-Known Member

I don't have lots of money to spare but I'd like to do something. I wouldn't mind hosting a gift wrapping party at my house! Also since I'm a stay at home mom if any errands need to be run, let me know and I'm there.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

You know you can count on me to be on the committee, the good ole people instincts would come in handy:-D

4. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

We have worked with schools in the past. If someone contacts the schools, they know of families that help. I know at our school, we have a TA that went to yard sales and Goodwill, just to find a little boy some new shoes and clothes, because she just couldn't bear to see him without. She hoped his parents would be okay with it.
    But, anyways, I know there are lots of families in our schools, and the schools are the people that would have all of that information.
    I don't know a specific family off hand, but I am willing to help in any way possible. We have struggled for several years, while I was a SAHM, and this is my first year working, and we are able to really help this year. I can wrap, run errands, etc. Just let me know. I love the Thanksgiving idea. I know I have plenty of stuff since I just went to triples yesterday.

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I need one more level headed person on the committee, that will make us a committee of 5.

Volunteers??

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

moi.

7. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

So who are the members in the committee?

Do you have all that you need? ;)

8. harleygirl

I'm one and have made my desision.

It's:

Me
    You
    KC
    Cleo
    JS

9. Tit4Tat

Oh ok. Cool.

10. harleygirl

The "committee" is in the process of voting and for anyone who posted they would help out, we WILL be calling on you very soon.

11. Tit4Tat

Bump...

I think Jenn will have some information on this soon...

;)

12. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to make a donation also. Just let me know how I can help :)

13. Tit4Tat

Greatly appreciated.

14. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

How's baby S? :-D

15. Tit4Tat

Oh yes! How is the little one!

16. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

The committee, in their infinite wisdom, has reached a decision.

The families who were chosen are being notified to get ages/sizes/etc.

I will post that information as soon as it becomes available (by Monday).

So.....hang tight....more info to come.

17. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

She's doing great. Cute as a button & growing like a weed. She has little chubby cheeks & legs. She's so huggable!!! She's had two teeth for a while ... she will probably be getting more soon. She's a happy, sweet baby who LOVES her big brother. All he has to do is walk into the room and she starts laughing. Have I mentioned ... I LOVE her little laughs. When she laughs ... everyone else in the house has to laugh too. It's hard not to smile when she's around. I put some little light up ducks in the bath with her this morning. She was just too cute playing with those things. My favorite toy to watch her with is the Johnny Jumper. It tickles me to death watching her bounce around in that thing. She really is an easy, fun baby. Poor thing ... she still doesn't have any hair to keep her little head warm. I saw a couple of folks selling really cute bows at West View's Bazaar this weekend. I can't wait until she grows a sprig of hair so I will have an excuse to buy some of those cute little bows :) She'll be six months old in just a few days ... time sure flies.

18. Tit4Tat

Aw, I miss mine being young, or do I?

Enjoy while she is young...:)

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Yes it does fly! Too fast! I remember the johnny jumper... those were sweet times!

Melynda! It feels like you're trying to restart my biological clock! :shock: I miss babieeeeeees [​IMG]

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Come to my house, you won't miss them long!