Christmas Angels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Nov 2, 2007.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think I got shorted when God was handing out maternal instincts. I got enough for one, got no desire for more. Bless you all that have more than one, I don't know how you do it. :lol:

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Cleo's got some cute kids. Still getting kid snot off my jacket. :lol: j/k

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think it was milk, from her sippy! She just loved Auntie Harley!!

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Ah yes... The Snot Badge... a mother's badge of honor. :mrgreen:

5. harleygirl

Oh god. :lol::lol: What next I have to get her a graduation gift? :lol::lol::lol:

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Cash is fine!

7. harleygirl

oh nice. I'll start saving :lol:

8. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Baby Girl can always use a few more Baby Buddies.

9. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Dum da dum....

And now, while I have a few free minutes, what you've all been waiting for.

After careful consideration and review, the Christmas Angels committee has chosen three families to bless this year. We're going with a theme of...

"Dad's Gone Bad"

Three single moms just trying to put food on the table and make thier kids lives a little happier.

Here are the stats:
    Family #1

12 year old boy loves harry potter. Mom said the movie comes out soon. He would love the movie.
    He has a used playstation PSP (handheld). Maybe some games.
    Size 10-12 shirts and pants (he likes sweat pants and doesnt like the feel of jeans) Stuff with the elastic waist, athletic.
    Any toys, this child isnt picky at all.

The 18 yr old boy is size 36 waist (loves Jeans) and the shortest size in the leg available. X-Large in shirt size. He plays drums. He wants the latest die hard movie. Loves classic rock and roll, likes Rush, AC/DC..classics...
    Family #2

1st Child: 13 year old girl

Shirt: 12-14
    Pants Junior 12-14
    Coat size Medium
    Underwear 12
    Socks 4
    Gift Wish: DS Game chip Simms build a house and make a family

2nd Child: 12 year old boy

Shirt XL
    Pants 36
    Coat XL
    Underwear 16
    Socks 11
    Gift Wish: Mongoose bike or Walmart gift card to be used toward purchase of a bike

3rd Child: 9 year old girl

Shirt 8-10
    Pant 7-8 slim
    Coat 7-8
    Underwear 8-10
    Sock 2
    Gift Wish: Baby Alive

4th Child: 6 year old girl

Shirt 7-8
    Pant 7
    Coat 7-8
    Underwear 7-8
    Sock 1
    Gift Wish: Baby Annabelle or Baby Alive

They also indicated they would love a hand held Leapster.

And Family #3

The boy is 15 years old. He is into the normal 'boy' things. He likes to play video games. He has a playstation 2 from a few years ago. He wears a large in mens and a size 29 waist. He is a great kid, but seems to be a little picky about his clothes. Anything would be appreciated by his mom for him though!

The girl is 16 years old. She wears a size 2 in womans pants and a medium in womans shirt. Her interests are anything having to do with horses. She hopes to be a vet one day (her grades are great and her interest is outstanding in this field!) She is very bashful and does not talk much at all. She wears size 9 in shoes.

Now, here's how this is going to work. If you have something that is new/very gently used on the list and would like to donate it, that's great. If you are out shopping and decide to donate something asked for on the list, that's fine too.

I've found that most folks will donate cash and gift cards, although the other things are great to have too. I really don't care either way. Anyway you feel led to help is wonderful.

If you want to paypal me money, you can send it to userid DaisiLou through paypal. Please only do this with debit cards because I am not set up to take credit cards thru paypal.

If you want to mail me a check or a gift card, PM me for my address.

If you want to meet with me to drop off items/cash/gift cards/ etc, PM me and we'll work out something.

Any donations received for a specific family (items that they've asked for) will go directly to them. All cash/gift cards will be split three ways and given to the families.

Please know that your hard earned money and donations will only be used to help out these three families.

Please have all your donations to me no later than Wednesday, December the 19th, so I can have time to arrange delivery.

Thank you and feel free to ask any questions!

10. harleygirl

Thank you!

11. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Cool, I will go out and get a few things for these families.

Bump. I am going to bump this a lot so be patient..Love yall, mean it!!:mrgreen:

12. frugalmomoftwo

frugalmomoftwo Well-Known Member

Jen and the posse,

Thanks so much for organizing this!

Question: Would you like the gifts wrapped before they get to you or do you want me to bring the gifts unwrapped with an extra roll of wrap? I am happy to wrap them myself but wanted to make sure. :)

13. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Jen, how about if I paypal you a few bucks to shop for whatever is still needed at the last minute? Rather than buy something from the list and chance duplication of other people's gifts.

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

FMO2,

Let's say unwrapped, just because we might wind up with duplicates if we wrap them, and then we wouldn't know it.

KDS, you can absolutely paypal me. It'll get to the right place.

15. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for organizing this guys. Let me go through my little ones closet, since she's 10 and I'll pass along all of her outgrown clothes, if the girls can't fit now, they will before long. I'll pick up some new items also (or paypal some $$), and send them your way.

16. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

After reading about all of the families, I just want to go buy stuff for all of them! I really wish I could afford to.........

I see that one boy plays drums. I could think of a few things a drummer could use! Sticks, drums heads, etc, etc....

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Jen, on the "send money" page it calls for an e-mail address or phone number. Can you PM me your e-mail address? Thanks!

18. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

As far as the drums, can you explain ect,ect.

I am going to guitar center today or tomorrow. What else but sticks and a drum head?

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Even though he plays drums....he may not have a set, so may not be able to use sticks and stuff?

20. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Is there a way to post what has been donated/purchased already so we dont dublicate, or is that just too much work?