VHS to DVD Conversion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by stonecold, Nov 26, 2007.

1. stonecold

stonecold Guest

I have a VHS tape of our wedding, I would like to transfer it to DVD since it's more durable. Does anyone know who or where I can get this done?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If you get desperate PM me and my wife could probably fix you up. I would keep and protect the VCR however, I already have some CDs that are no longer useable, metal flaked off. I saw an article a few years ago from the library of congress that actually stated that CD (and I assume DVDs) are the least disirable storage method they use.

Problem is you have to retain a device to retrive the data. I have one client that is a record retention company and they have a number of those tape machines with the huge reels stored in temperature controled chambers.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  3. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Last year I used JC DVD Designs. I found her on here. She had an ad but now I don't see it. She also used to be listed in the business directory...but I don't see her there either. I'll look around to see if I can find her card. She did a great job. I had her convert all my old home movies to DVD's.

Brenda

4. IncognitO

IncognitO Well-Known Member

you can buy VCR-DVD burner unit and do it your self. I bought a unit last year and was able to convert several tapes, be aware that you won't get alot of fancy menu's but a basic DVD.

Walmart has a unit for 140

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6457304

You also could get a video input card for your PC and edit on your computer and do your self. you need a little mmpphh of a computer to do a lot of editing.

5. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Do not use Best Video Productions, Clayton. Friend of ours had bad experience.

6. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

Video Transfer

Give Anthony Sortino a call, he's done some work for us and has done a great job with reasonable prices! His number is 880-3926 and he's right here in Raleigh.

7. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I may have some more for you after Christmas this year!! ;)

Brenda

8. NanaPam

NanaPam Active Member

We have VHS and now there is DVD...whats next? Before you know it, we will be looking to have the DVD's changed. I have old super 8 movies that I would like to have put on something that will last for awhile. Trying to find the old projectors is tough and guess that will become the same for VCR's.:cry:

9. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

Pinnacle Systems makes a DVD Recorder - "Dazzle" - that hooks up to your VCR, then connects to your computer. Costs about 50 bucks.