Looking for.. Christmas Gift...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I am looking for a 12V 2-seater Power Wheels for my girls for Christmas. Know anybody who has one for sale?

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sad, my mind immediately leapt to the Adam & Eve thread, then it dawned on to me you actually meant children.

You might try that auto parts store in Garner named after the three brothers (Larry, Moe and Curly keeps coming up but I doubt that is the actual name).

3. Cleopatra

This is a children's toy, a ride-on car that runs on a 12V battery, I am hoping to pick one up second hand.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Cleo, I had two that SOLD on the classifieds on here, a few years ago ....maybe you could post a 'wanted' ad, for a slightly used pink barbie 2 seater? Just a suggestion....some people don't even realize they want to sell something, til they read an ad.

I know my boys put 2000 miles on their Jeeps. They enjoyed those things for many years, if you end up paying full price, you'll never regret it. They did laps around the house till there was a path marked.....they were one of the best (and most used) toys we ever bought them. They are eleven now, and they still talk about those Jeeps.:mrgreen:

5. Cleopatra

That's an idea, a "Wanted Ad".

Have you seen the Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane? Man, that thing is almost 400.00!

6. KellBell

GOSH! $400? we bought two of the Jeep 2-seaters....and I think they were $169 at the time (each).

And if you do end up getting one, get extra batteries, we always had extras charging or charged, ready for when the ones that were being used, ran out. Just a tip!;)

7. Cleopatra

8. KellBell

man that thing looks cool...the boys had a red one. but it wasn't as cool as that.....looks like there is 2 used ones on that site, starting at $335...that's not bad, if its a gift for TWO. :mrgreen:

buy it mommy, buy it!

9. Cleopatra

Nuh-uh. Have you seen the shipping $$? Wally world has got them for 395.00, "free" shipping to their store. But that price, looks like you are paying for shipping!

10. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

11. Cleopatra

What is this?

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/466046849.html

When I google the address I come up with a nail salon? Can anybody help me find a phone number for this place?

I saw a few of these cars with remotes on ebay, wouldn't that be cool (and safe!!)??

12. Cleopatra

13. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I noticed that there was no free shipping on it. That stinks. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you.

14. Cleopatra

Thanks!

BTW, you need to head over to the baking thread and share that choc chip cookie recipe!

15. Cleopatra

16. forthekids

forthekids Member

I PM'ed you.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Pepboys was the auto-parts store. As you can see in the link they sell more than just auto-parts.

http://www.pepboys.com/sale_specials/

18. Cleopatra