paranormal

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

yes ma'am, that's where we were. :)

2. MisunderstoodMind

MisunderstoodMind Well-Known Member

I for one would like to go back out that way. Cold or not, I'd love to get some more pics.

3. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

I know a graveyard you guys should really check out. It's very, very old. It's right off of Garner Road, beside the little "castle" church (Peace church, or something like that).

It's so old that some of the gravestones are broken in pieces by trees growing through them.

It's right beside Toot-N-Tell. It's spooky in there on a cloudy day. Can't imagine what it would be like at night.

4. MisunderstoodMind

Could you be a little more specific? I'm not originally from this area and I've never heard of Toot-N-Tell. TY

5. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

LOL! Believe it or not, Toot-N-Tell is a restaurant. The "toot" is for the railroad that runs behind it...not for the result of eating there. :mrgreen:

If you come down 70 west, take the 50 exit. At the top of the ramp, take a left. You'll come to a light and you'll see Toot-N-tell on your left. Turn left and right after TNT is the graveyard. It looks like a grove of trees, but the graveyard is in the grove of trees. There is a grave very close to the road for which you can see the old tombstone for a Charlie Pryor, who died in 1926. (see below pic) Other graves are much older. The cemetary goes way back, you have to really hunt for the graves, as the trees are trying to take over in some places. It's in Garner, by the way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  6. MisunderstoodMind

Cleo, you feel like checking this place out? Is it an okie neighborhood, Magnolia? At least alright enough for the evening?

If I do "toot" I'll never tell! But no matter, it WILL smell!

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We ate at that restaurant.......................once......................it was an experience. :lol:

9. Cleopatra

You're in luck, the forecast says it's going to warm up. Just let me know when!

10. Cleopatra

Yeah, I think we can find that. Hey Elims, I think I signed up for that group when IS was still here? I'm going to check out the link, I have been to Harper House and a re-enactment, but to actually investigate the battlefields, that would be cool. AND (again) the weather is going to be nice this weekend.... but I think DH wants to go Christmas shopping. Blech!

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

The group has grown and done A LOT more since then ... they started doing formal investigations, but that got hard to organize with a constantly changing meetup group ... so for now, it's mostly planned outings, exploring places, just fun stuff. :)

12. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever been to Old Bluff Church in Aversboro (sp)?? Its just on the other side of Dunn. CREAPY!! I went there investigating, but the people who went with me there were all scared and wouldn't stay long. We had a camcorder with night vision and my brother had filmed a "shadow" of what looked like a little girl praying. Its a freaking looking place. Its been there so long it has several unmarked Slave graves along with soldiers who died at the old abandoned hospital that they used during the war.

13. Cleopatra

No but can you tell us more? Do we need permission?

14. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/HistoricChurches/BluffPresbyterian.htm
    http://www.rootsweb.com/~nccumber/bluffcreek.htm

It's actually in Wade.
    Well, there's a house not too far from the church, but nobody has said anything to us when we were out there. As long as you don't act a fool and get loud, you will be ok. There is a trail that leads into the woods it takes you to where the slaves were buried.My friends were too scared to go. The church is locked up with the windows pane painted with white paint from the inside. Believe me, you WILL be freaked out cause it is VERY dark and spooky. If you guys do decide to go, I'd love to go with you. I need someone who won't be scared like the people went with me. I did see some armature video on youtube of this church.(Not very good footage though!) This IS NOT my crowd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9bi-hGZVHw&feature=related

I found this too: "...On the night of March 15th 1865, Col. William Hawley's Union Infantry Brigade camped briefly at the church. Heavy rain an lowland flooding left no dry spots to sleep. To avoid sleeping on the soggy ground, the soldiers pushed over grave markers and bedded down upon them."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  15. MisunderstoodMind

I have to do some of that myself. I'll be free after dark on Sat if you'ns wanna head up thatta way. Oh, on the way into Smithfield on 210 theres a cemetary right next to the road. By the looks of things, its been there for a good bit.

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You know, while stuff like this is mildly curious...I just feel it best to leave the dead alone. I find that the living are a lot more interesting. Going to show respect is one thing, but to go for the "experience" is not for me. The good ole ghost stories are fun to listen to, but that's about all I care to partake in.

17. Cleopatra

We should be able to do that. <Off to charge my battery>

18. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

19. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

If y'all are going to Harper House let me know... I use to live out in that neck for the woods and know the area quite well. I'd love to go too. I actually know of quite a few other old cemeteries around there.

Cleo, you got my number still? If not PM me.

20. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I'd be interested too.

A friend of mine and her paranormal group just went to Wilmington and got free run of the Battleship for an allnighter! She said they had access to the whole thing and got readings and all sorts of stuff. I wanted to go, but just couldn't make it.