Christmas Angels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Nov 2, 2007.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I was wondering if that would be possible too.....so there isn't any repeats.

:?::rolleyes:

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

3. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Honestly?

That's a ton of work, and I don't think it will be accurate. Some folks aren't going to take the time to email me with every little thing they've bought, ya know?

In years past, there really hasn't been that much of a problem with duplicates. What I've been encouraging folks to do is get a gift receipt if you purchase something. You never know, it could be the wrong size, color, etc...

HG and I are going to sort through, and label all the donations, then go deliver on Friday the 21st. If we find that there are duplicates, if we have gift receipts, we can make some exchanges for the families.

Also, consider that a gift card might be the way to go. Can you imagine not being able to walk into Target and pick something out for your kid for Christmas? These parents might get a little joy by being able to purchase some of the things themselves. (Plus I know some of you will have gift cards laying around from those prescription transfers you've been doing)

Also, you'll notice that some of the kids asked for bigger ticket items (bikes, etc) If we get cash/gift cards, it's more likely that those things can be purchased for them.

I am in NO way saying you can't go shopping for these folks, just offering you a different perspective on things.

Again, if anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me, and I can even call you and talk to you about it.

Thanks again for every thing you guys have done!

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Can I get an idea of what kind of games the 15 YO would like for his PS2?

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Jennifer, if you need any help wrapping or sorting please let me know. I'd be glad to help.

6. Tit4Tat

7. JenniferK

Just a reminder to everyone that you've got about 2 1/2 weeks to get your donations in to me.

Remember that we made a commitment to these three families to help them during Christmas, so let's not disappoint.

So far I've rec'd a few donations and they are still coming in.

You have several different options!

You can PM me and I'll be glad to meet up with you to pick up your cash/gift card donation or a donation you've purchase (but not wrapped).

Or

If you simply don't have time, you can paypal your donation to me directly at DaisiLou@aol.com

Thanks again for all that you do!

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'll get you mine when we play Santa.

Oh, btw we will need directions to the homes. I know you probably thought of that already. ;)

9. harleygirl

OK people we are about 2 1/2 weeks until you HAVE to get your items to JS!!!!

Don't make me make a list of who said would help. :twisted:

10. Tit4Tat

I havent gave yet. Next week is pay day so I will get it to yall then.:)

11. michelle

I will do paypal on Wednesday.

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think we are covered for PS2 games.

13. JenniferK

Sweet! Keep it coming y'all, these kids are counting on the angels of 4042!

Thank you all so very much for everything!!

14. harleygirl

Thanks for the "sticky" web dude. :mrgreen:

15. JenniferK

Yes, thanks Webbie.

I'd like to address something because I've had a few PMs asking me to explain.

In the first part of this thread, a few posters made some comments about how the family that rec'd donations from us 2 years ago, weren't worthy to get it. I think people are hesitant to help this year because of those comments, so please let me try to address this as best I can without outing anyone.

The family we helped truly was needy. However since then, the mother of that family has ticked off several people on the board and they don't like her anymore for various reasons.

Her children though, did benefit, and were needy, and we made the right decision to give to them.

Rest assured I'm going to make sure your money goes to a deserving family.

Thanks again to those who decide to give!

16. harleygirl

I do know that the sweetest girl in my BNI group & who lives down at 40/42 is helping family #3 .

17. michelle

Let me change that to next Friday, 14th. I get my Christmas bonus then and I can do a little more.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey Jenn, left you a message earlier - remind me at the luncheon tomorrow so i can make my donation please.

19. Tit4Tat

Luncheon? For? Why wasnt I invited?:lol:

20. JenniferK

Whoever just sent a paypal donation to me, please PM me.

Thanks