Clayton XMas Parade

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Dec 9, 2007.

1. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Thats is probably because they all pull students from around the area, and plus they must all understand the whole giving back to the community part which sounds like WJHS doesn't know anything about. Here's logic for you , does Clayton's band come into Cleveland and do fundraisers or does Clayton's band go into Four Oaks, Smithfield, or Benson? No yet WJHS goes to all these towns including Clayton and ask for support and money so yes WJHS is held to a higher standard and should perform for the people who give them money and support. If Clayton went all over the place and ask for money then yes people would wonder why they don't play other places but they only do fundraisers in Clayton

2. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Well-Known Member

Many of Clayton's "large" sponsors are from Garner, why didn't they do Garner's parade?

3. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

For the record... Four Oaks goes to South Johnston. SJHS address is Four Oaks.

And West Johnston is barely in the Benson zip code range. In that area all within about 3 mile radius there is 27524,27592,27504 zips.

And too be sure 4oaks doesn't pay for bands to be in a parade. Not poodunk 4oaks, can't afford that. And I ain't scared to say that West played there just b/c it's South's stomping ground. :rolleyes:

4. Vociferous

Vociferous Guest

so kookoo, west shouldn't have performed in Four Oaks, even though the whole debate centers around them NOT performing at another local parade? For the record, West has performed in the Four Oaks parade since its inception in 2002, might I add when South Johnston had a much larger band than West and beat it in several competitions with its "Pandora's Box" show. Would this truly be trying to play on South's stomping grounds? Just because the band at South has lost all of its members West shouldn't perform at the parade anymore?

When the area was redistricted for West, Four Oaks Middle School students were reassigned to go to West instead of South. There is a small, but ever growing minority of FOMS students that do go to West, hence West's performance in the FO Christmas Parade.

5. kookookacho

I'm confused by the above bold....So what did South or West beat? Or are you saying West beat South with the Pandora's Box show?

Like I said before West is in that area where with in just a few mile radius it has Benson zip (27504) FO zip (27524) & Willow Spring zip (27592)

And it was a tongue in cheek comment. And I'm pretty sure you took it like I ment it.8)

6. Vociferous

Vociferous Guest

No no, back when West first opened South regularly beat them at all local shows.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

What town does West belong to? That is part of the problem when it comes to fundraising. They have a Benson address, but South is located in Benson and Benson is small.
    Parents work for companies located all over the place these days, therefore they fundraise all over the place - not just locally. And Clayton does the same. At their fall band competition, Chick-Fil-A was one of their BIG sponsors.....they don't have a restaurant in Clayton.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever answer the question? Why did WJHS not march in the Clayton parade? :shock::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

9. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

West encompasses a much larger area than Clayton. I know I have a Clayton address and my daughter will go there next year. Cleveland, Benson, Four Oaks and some others addresses send students to West.

10. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Most WJHS students come from the Cleveland community. The closest municipality to the community and the one that has always been associated with the community is Clayton. The municipalities associated with SJHS are Benson and Four Oaks. I think the first priority for a Christmas parade should have been Clayton. The Clayton students didn't have any problems getting there without buses, so neither should the West students.

We know the band is awesome and works very hard. That's why everyone is disappointed they weren't there. We wanted to see them!

Maybe next year.

11. kookookacho

Yeah... because the town of Clayton only pays them $200 to off set their cost to come to the parade.

12. kookookacho

South is not located in Benson.

10381 US 301 South
    Four Oaks, NC 27524

Benson is so small it's zip reaches all the way from southern JoCo to West Johnston High. :lol:

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No daggers, just read the posts after mine, and you will see what we are saying. YOU brought up all the other communites they performed in, I noted that those communities were not supporting the band like communities that are actually in the vicinity of the HS.

It would be interesting though, to see how these other events helped to offset the cost of loading up the six buses and Big Rig for a 20 mile trip. People come from all around for Mule Days... gotta be some money in that show. <wink>

14. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

WJHS played there because it is the home of the Director...

15. Cleopatra

And that is a good thing to point out, these kids are doing a great job - but they are kids, I doubt they are making the decisions as to where the band performs and how they get there...

16. ……..sigh
    This was originally going to be a long, well thought out and detailed response to some of the negative posters. After wading through the replies on this forum, it’s painfully easy to see that such effort is a waste of time.
    Some people have given reasonable, rational explanations for WJHS’s no show at the Clayton Christmas Parade and some (like the perfectly named Cleopatra) choose to wallow in feeling personally snubbed. For her and her fellow “snubbed” nothing short of begging forgiveness will do.
    It would be a good idea for anyone seeking to pull anything positive from this (or generally just anyone rational) to avoid replies to Cleo and her ilk, it only feeds their fire. After a couple of days ranting to themselves they will grow bored and look for something else to harp on.
    Hey just callin’ it like it is.

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Hey Karl, can I borrow this last part of your statement, I need to copy and paste it on about 4 other threads. :mrgreen:

After a couple of days ranting to themselves they will grow bored and look for something else to harp on.

18. Cleopatra

Was that a flaming? It barely got warm in here?

Welcome to 4042, please drive through!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cleo, you kill me sometimes! :mrgreen:

20. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Hey Karl its an open forum, don't know if anyone told you this when you signed up but YOUR allowed to express YOUR opinion and if Cleo, me or whoever thinks that it was pretty stupid that WJHS didn't play at the parade, thats called OUR opinion but hey maybe you could take a break learn what a discussion board is all about and then come back and give it another try