C3 representative

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by foxfire, Dec 13, 2007.

1. binarydig2

binarydig2 Well-Known Member

Building comment

I can hardly imagine how anyone can miss seeing the 98' tall cross structure in the front of the building. Some have said its tacky, others have said wow its really big, and I heard someone say that's the coolest thing they've seen in a while (referring to it being one of the tallest structures in the area).

There are a couple reasons for the design. As most of you know c3, isn't try to be overly traditional from the outside, i.e. the building, the music, dress code requirements, etc... There are plenty of good traditional and non-traditional churches in the area. Some traditional churches have grown so much that they are meeting in their gyms, which you know does not look very traditional on the outside, much less a basketball rim hovering over-head.

Also, it was cheaper and a more efficient use of space to build this way rather than building a more traditional "looking" building.

You can't judge a book by its cover. I can't wait for our first service in the new worship center a week from this Sunday.

P.S. (omg - I'm a member of C3 and didn't capitalize the "C" in the above post - lol! I laughed when I read the poster's comments about not capitalizing the "c". That was a great line to post.)

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

You don't need the seat cuz you'll only use the edge........

3. binarydig2

1 finger salute comment

Post is written with a little humor in mind...

We all know, no matter what church sticker you have on your car or any other religious symbol/reference, displaying a gesture like that to anyone is totally uncalled for.

Views and opinions (and sometimes fingers) expressed by the driver (we don't know for sure if the driver or someone else who lives in the same house) is a member or even a Christian that regularly attends C3, these views/opinions/expressions do not reflect the majority of the people that attend C3 church.

Something, I have to remind myself, is just because someone goes to church and chooses to be a Christian (a Christ follower) doesn't mean they magically turn into a perfect saint who will never do stupid things ever again.

But saying that, it doesn't give that person or any other else an excuse to do whatever they want, cause they are "forgiven".

4. binarydig2

The megaphone and MonsterTruck rally was a great idea. And I hope in my reply that it did not come across as if I took offense. I was totally fine with your post.

I'll have to mention the light thing to the leadership. Maybe we need to make sure we have the timers set right. Like anything new, you've got a list of things you have to work on and make better.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  5. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Definitely need a Koolaid stand at the truck rally. In a field.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Please don't let there be Two Girls and a Cup on the other end of this thread.

7. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna sit on the floor for the movie. I like extra butter on my popcorn though. This is gonna be a long one.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Which movie? :?

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

not me

10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

uhhh....maybe the 98' high cross escaped your sight?

11. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

*Gag*

I swear, I need therapy after seeing a few seconds of that...

12. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I also want to add that supposedly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) you can actually calling in "aggressive drivers" who give you the finger.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Fortunately I saw the "College Student" review first and then decided to pass on the vid.

14. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Which is against the zoning code.

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

somebody from C3 check on the light issue please -
    if you need to program something do it.
    No need for security - no other churches have the parking lights on all night
    I have no prolems if you shut them off at ten - unless there is an event - those are disturbing enough and I will have a cop checking for excessive noise,
    If the church is tax exempt - then I pay more then them and I should not have to see all those darn lights all night, when I live in the country and I should have EVery WED, SAT and SUN littered with loud booming drums. I am dreading the spring when
    I have my windows open. Lets get this settled now before then.

my next call will be to the county to get the darn things shut off at a normal time in a residential area. and that's the least of it.

16. binarydig2

peppercorns,
    As I posted before, I'll see if they are on a timer.

As for the noise, you'll be happy to know that this weekend will be our last weekend in our current worship center, which pretty much was a shell, so it didn't trap the sound as well. The new worship center should contain the sound more effectively. It will be interesting to hear back from you after a couple weeks in the new worship center.

Our first service in the new worship center will be Dec 23rd at 9:15 and 11:15am. We won't be having our Sat. night service for a while. So you should have some reprieve from traffic for Sat. nights. Hopefully the new entrances are helping (didn't say perfect) with traffic flow as well.

17. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

ok - that new center may help a lot if it is a bit more csound proofed. I think that would make a difference. I thought you were already in there.

The traffic is not that bad as long as the officer is there. But even one day when he was someone took out two of the mailboxes. i do not know if it was a memeber and poor driving is certainly not the churches fault..lol

ok - let me know where we are at with the lights. A timer would keep me happy and save the church money. i could see you leaving one or two by entrances on but not the whole lot of them .

18. binarydig2

Sorry to hear about the mailboxes. That sucks. You would think the cop would have gotten the person's license plate and made them take care of the damage. I would only hope that if it were someone from the church, I'd hope they would have the integrity to fix the damage if they caused it.

Talk to you soon.

19. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Ha!! Ken said Erected!

20. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Sorry Ken, I was just catching up and hadn't gotten there yet. I had to go ahead and respond when I read it because your post sounded like a person who needed guidance. You took your eyes off of the road long enough to notice everything else about the building. And btw its not my church.