Makes me ashamed to be from Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hinkypuff, Dec 14, 2007.

1. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

yummmo I loved flavored popcorn, chocolates my fav tho

2. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Caramel popcorn?!? I have been craving that for YEARS!!! There used to be a popcorn creations in Raleigh...anywhere out here in JC that has good caramel popcorn?

Okay, back to the main thread..bashing books or whatever...

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Who knows....
    jealously,
    stupidity,
    immaturity....

take your pick

or pick D for all of the above :roll:

4. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

not sure I use to order it thru some speciallty catalog but havent done so in years!

5. ferrickhead28

Oh okay. It looked totally random and I dont recall seeing any bashing threads between the two of you from before. That's all. :)

6. ferrickhead28

I'll check amazon. :D

7. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I always like the answer D when I was in school!

8. mnredsky

I have no clue who she is and really don't care too....

9. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Thought I had some microwave popcorn but looks like it got eaten yesterday, so how's about some of this really good tasting Cheerio snack mix I picked up at BJ's?:-D

10. ferrickhead28

Cyber-bullies! Gotta love them! :roll:

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

In reponse to your question....No the Kama Sutra book should not be allowed in elmentary school. However this topic was brought up due to a book being removed from a high school where the parents questioned some of the content. Content that as proper parents they should be talking with their daughter about instead of going off the deep end to the extent of getting the book removed from the library. It is a fictious story that has some good lessons to be taught. But because of one set of parents this book has taken on a whole different meaning.

As to the unabridged edition of "The Illustraded Jenna Jameson" I wouldn't mind having a copy of the for the coffee table myself. :)

Craig

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

mmm that sounds good to, for some reason I have been eating like crazy these last few weeks. Cant wait to get home, made some peanut butter balls and haystacks last weekend and they are soooo goood!!!

13. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

MEN!! LOL

14. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

try food network, they do specials on things like this and always list places you can order from..

15. mnredsky

You've made a 100 (A+) in this class :mrgreen:

16. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

woohoo wait til I tell mom and dad, they will be so proud!!

17. Clif

Clif Guest

Ah, finally an adult response.

But isn't banning books wrong?

But the content has been decided to be inappropriate, just like "Kama Sutra" would be inappropriate. Are the two at the same level? I doubt it, but the fact remains that just because it is a good book which has a good story, if the content is not appropriate for a child, then it should not be made available for a child without the parent's knowledge or approval.

The fact that a single person brought the item into question is not a reason to dismiss the complaint.

Once mopre, the specific complaint about the book has not been denied. That is, to quote the article, the book includes "..a number of sexual scenes, including one involving a sculptor and a statue of the Virgin Mary, as well as profanity and references to drug use." Think about it this way, if the book were made into a movie (the complete book), what would it be rated? Based upon the (undisputed) descriptions, it would be rated at least "R", if not "NC-17". If a movie made from the book carries a rating higher then that age range in which the book is being made available, then the book should not be made available to that age range.

Me too (as well as the movie from the book). It's too bad I made it up for effect.

18. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

It's a little like the Chex Mix snack, but better IMO. There's just something about the light texture of the Cheerios.

19. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I agree with no book should be banned. It should be by age.

Don't be ashamed of where you live, be ashamed of how you act.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

Funny you should mention that. You should see some of what's been going on in private.