Clayton XMas Parade

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Dec 9, 2007.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:shock: What in the sam hill?

I need a beer.

2. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Sorry it was really Cleo's fight with Karl but I thought maybe I could add my 2 cents

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yeah Karl, I'm with you. I'm tired of beating the same dead horse, so I'm checking out of this one.<leaving and taking my dead horse with me> :mrgreen:

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

that's all good, just understand why some people might be reluctant to buy into your next fundraiser

5. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Well-Known Member

and spreading that kind of attitude hurts who?
    .............the band kids

6. dangerboy

i'm not spreading any attitude. i have my opinion, other people have theirs.

i haven't actually stated where i stand on this issue, only contributed a few facts and clarified a couple of points.

7. kaiser soze

Forgive me, it was your opinion.
    But the end result is still the same....it hurts the kids.

8. kaiser soze

"Your kiling me here! So you want us Clayton folks to support your fundraisers, but you don't want to be in our parade for whatever the reason? Is that what you meant, or is my cold interfering with my reasoning? "

kdc1970,
    what I was saying is that people posting that they weren't going to support fundraisers was going to hurt the kids, who I seriously doubt made the decision about coming to the parade.

9. dangerboy

hard for you to say since you don't know what my opinion is

10. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want to support an organization - kid performers or not - that snubs them when it comes to the return? :roll:

Stop using children to promote the entitlement you appear to feel is due to band parents so they won't have to fund more of their children's activities themselves.

Everyone knows that when people give money, they expect something in return. If you don't believe me, ask any politician.

11. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Yes, they gave reasons...and some posters, myself included, found those reasons lacking. That's the way it works. Just because you give an excuse doesn't mean it will be well-accepted.

12. Clif

Clif Guest

Oh, the poor kids! What about the people who are paying for all the fundraisers? Don't these "poor kids" care about us?

Look, I pay and pay and aparently it's not enough. It's not a matter of helping or hurting the "poor kids", its a matter of implied promises broken. I pay five times what I would pay at a grocery store for a bar of candy (and then I generally buy several bars). I pay extra for a car wash that even at regular price is more than I would pay at Auto Bell (even though they end up doing a poor job at washing the car). All of this and more I pay with the implied promise that I will hear them play at local events. And they don't play because the town won't give them more than $200???

I have a limited supply of money that I can afford to give to what I believe are worthwhile projects. If the band can't (or won't) live up to their end of the agreement, then there are other "poor kids" who could better use my money, I think.

13. dangerboy

seems to me like it's you, kaiser soze, that's spreading the bad attitude with your posts....clif here arrived at these conclusions all by himself, based on the excuses provided by you and your friends

14. NanaPam

NanaPam Active Member

This was a hometown parade and a lot of fun. My granddaughter, daughter in law and I were in one of the dance groups. Yes, there were several dance groups and it was a time for the kids and adults to show some of what they have learned. It was time for people from different organizations to go out and do something they would not normally do. There should be no competition. Call it advertising? Yes, but that's most parades. The bands that we were able to see were proud to be there and the friends and families were proud to see them. It is sad to see that money and politics have become such an issue. Anyone, band, group, should be proud to have participated in a wonderful community get together. It is sad to know that some organizations have become too professional and it is their loss in not being a part of the community.

15. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Nail>>>>Head????....

16. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Bull. That's exactly why the discussion continues. There has been no valid explanation for why they weren't there.

200 bucks? Gas for the buses? C'mon. ...those are just lame excuses. You guys could raise that in one weekend sitting on a corner in Clayton. If we had known a week ahead of time, the people on this forum could have raised that much. I personally know one individual who would have paid the entire amount.

Try again. We're still waiting for a valid reason.

17. Clif

Clif Guest

Perhaps they were simply not good enough.

18. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Oooooooh. That's a deep cut right there.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think he was talking about the reasons/excuses. And yeah, the excuses were lame.

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

They were just talking to the Band Director from Broughton High School, on QDR, and they were invited to the Rose Parade. They raised over $300,000 to make the trip.:shock: