Makes me ashamed to be from Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hinkypuff, Dec 14, 2007.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

is is impossible for us to get on to 2 plus 2 equals four when you keep insisting that 1 plus 1 is three, even after it's been demonstrated to you unequivocally that it's 2.

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Why yes I can!!!

[​IMG]

3. ServerSnapper

Your point issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss?

[​IMG]

For you KDs!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  4. Grammie

Grammie Guest

LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Awww, you're so sweet! ;)

But I wasn't seriously suggesting anyone drop the topic. In fact, I was still contributing to it when I made the joke about the dead horse. :rolleyes:

6. iDidIt

iDidIt Well-Known Member

Did someone call for me? Where is hinklepuffs?

7. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Says you. Suppose the majority of a school district is made up of close minded red necks and they like being that way? I'm saying local school boards should decide (closed doors or not) ...and no one else. Not the Supreme Court ...not NCDPI ...not the USDOE ...and since they're minors who can't vote, not even the students.

8. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

I stated in Post #402 (I think) my mistake on the items in bold that you wrote. My mistake and I admit it. Don't give up...when I see the mistake I admit it. Sorry it has been such a pain to get it through to me.

Grace

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Hey now - I thought that was my dead horse! Oh! sorry, he doesn't have his marching shoes on does he? :mrgreen:

10. Grace Slick

11. Clif

Clif Guest

I'm not exactly sure why you felt obligated to post those links. None of them (that I could tell) referred specifically to our conversation, and the last one ("School board gets new chairman) doesn't seem to apply at all. The old chairman did not leave over the book review, nor was the review even mentioned in the article.

12. Josey Wales

From one of the articles:

Many districts are scrutinizing the choices of teachers and librarians as challenges to books and movies become more common, said Vinetta Bell, an English and language arts consultant for the state Department of Public Instruction. Bell cites a renewed focus on morality and religious values as one reason for the jump. Another, she said, is the broadening of school reading selections beyond the work of well-known white, male authors of the literary canon.

Political correctness run amuck.

These are the kinds of people in the NCDPI and the USDOE and they will eventually bring about their own demise. Thank goodness.

13. Grace Slick

Because of the original Post, which was from the N&O. Each of those directly related to it. I was amazed that the ACLU had become involved and, yes I will say it, glad. One of the letters to the N&O is from a very good friend of mine and we have yet to speak about this.

Do you really believe the article on Fred? Cannot take the heat and getting out of the kitchen, my opinion.

Grace

14. ServerSnapper

15. Grace Slick

That could be said for both sides. I do so love your jokes.

Grace

16. ServerSnapper

Who's joking?

17. Josey Wales

Then you really don't understand the whole community/democracy concept.

Its not the government's job or the intent of the founding fathers to twist peoples' arms and force books into school libraries that the district doesn't want ...or force mandatory healthcare ...or force mandatory retirement plans (aka Social "Security") ...or many other politically correct leftist ideas. Those ideas come from people who don't understand what "liberty" is.

18. Grace Slick

Ah, but you keep teaching me (no sarcasm intended).

Grace

19. Josey Wales

I truly hope so. If you're going to lean left, please at least be a leftist libertarian. :lol:

20. Grace Slick

You know I love ya'! I learn every single day. And, every single day I laugh and laugh because without that I would be lost.

Happy Holidays to you and your family, Josey.
    Grace