C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to the indoor play area!

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I know I've posted this at least 3 times in the past, but here it is again. The Southern Baptist Convention STILL has C3 listed as a SOUTHERN BAPTIST church. My only questions are this - If they aren't one then why are they calling themselves one by being on the list? And, if they are one, are they ashamed of being one and call themselves nondenominational? If they aren't a SB church, how hard would it be to get off the list? I just don't understand this... :?

From the SBC's church search page...

enter "cleveland community church" followed by a couple of clicks and, PRESTO!

Cleveland Community Church
    Welcome
    Visit us at www.c3church.org
    Email: info@c3church.org

Cleveland Community Church
    8246 Cleveland Rd
    Clayton, NC 27520
    Tel. (919) 773-3011
    Fax. (919) 773-3012

Mailing Address:
    8246 Cleveland Rd
    Clayton, NC 27520

Year Founded: 1998

3. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

clive wrote
    Liar liar pants on fire, (this was directed at li-bratz)

and you're calling her juvenile,:lol::lol:

4. Clif

Clif Guest

They are not in control of someone else's list. They aren't "calling themselves one", they are calling themselves non-denominational. It's the Southern Baptist Convention that is calling them Baptist.

You would be surprised. When I was running ClaytonOnline the Johnston County website had links to my site. Some were links to pages that no longer existed, and some were misspellings. I contacted them several times and they never did change it.

5. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

C3 is a ND church, it roots are in baptist ways but in order to appeal to all kinds of people it is a ND church, Being on the SB association is another tool used to network with other churches see how they do things let them see how C3 does things as well.

6. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

So you were looking for a handout....and now that you didn't get it you are mad?

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Sounds that way to me!

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

This is pretty funny. This thread is 276 posts long. The person who started it joined the forum on 11/9/07, posted 2 messages, and his/her last activity was 11/10/07. So although they were only here for 24 hours, they started an epic thread that is still going 6 weeks later. :lol:

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

GET OUT MY HEAD KDs Grandma:mrgreen:

I was about to type, 277 posts later and still NO ONE CARES!:shock::roll:

gawd, where is that DEAD horse picture when you need it?:shock:

10. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Its a bunch of BS! People move on move on! !

11. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

lol. sorry but neither the sbc or n.c. baptist association will list a church on their web site unless they are supporting ($$$) churches. try again?

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

not only that but i'm pretty sure that even if you pay the $$$ you have to be in line with their platform or they'll kick you out

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Don't know if they still are but C3 used to be affiliated with Southern Baptist Assoc. I believe they were supported by the association when starting the church. They used to state their affiliation on their web site but I'm haven't been to the site in a long time so don't know if they still do.

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for the indoor playground to open up.

15. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Well, I for one don't care if they are SB or not. WHY does that even matter? It only matters to those who want to pick this church apart, which is really pathetic for those who claim (term used very loosely) to be Christians.

Get over it people, if you don't "approve" of this church...move on and don't go!

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Because Southern Baptist(Which I am one of them) are the ticket yo!! Everyone else are sinners!!!!!! SINNER SINNER SINNNNNNER, SINNER SINNER SINNNNNNER!!

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I personally have nothing against C3, and I'm certainly am not picking them apart. I just didn't understand being on a search list if they're not part of what is being searched for. :neutral:

18. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Oh Ready, I wasn't talking about you. I'm just talking about how every other week, someone comes on here bashing this place, it just makes me sick.

19. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

wow, I just read this entire thread and I'm exhausted. This is why I get up on Sunday morning, sit on my back deck, listen to the birds, watch the sun rise, and give thanks for the many blessings in my life. Merry Christmas everyone!

20. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

why don't you just call the sbc and n.c. baptist state convention and ask them to take you off their list of cooperating churches and poof ..... the problem is solved. then no one can bash c3 about this contradiction. otherwise everyone at c3 should quit saying c3 is a non-denominational church.
    evidently your pastor wants it both ways. otherwise he would have already had c3 removed from these southern baptist organizations. he can eliminate this reason to bash c3 forever. why give outsiders this reason to, as you say "bash c3"?