A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Geeze, KellBell tell me how you really feel. :cool:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Anybody got any good home remedies for coughing? None of the OTC stuff is working. :evil:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, i know the past few years i have joking fussed about you posting the countdown, but dang girl, this year i really mean it - not getting home until 8pm at night from work has totally messed me up this year. Anyone else gonna be running around Christmas Eve trying to finish up other than me? i will honestly be doing the majority of my shopping this weekend:shock:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Quit smoking?;)

5. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Priceless!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL, never have, never will! I sure sound like one though! :rolleyes:

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

sadly OTC cough syrups/remedies are not worth the money you pay. The one I have found that works the best is Delsym. FWIW. Good Luck. Hope you are feeling better.:mrgreen:

8. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Use saline nasal spray for congested nose, mucinex (there are generics available) to break up gunk in nose and chest so you can cough it out. Delsym is the best suppressant, but it just leaves the gunk in you...best to use it only at night when you need to sleep. Most important, though, is to drink drink drink ...that'll loosen the gunk up and keep your throat cleared out...

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Yep, I left that out, the Drink Drink Drink part, that is the best thing for loosening and moving the cough. I think the word is 'productive'.

in other words--HACK IT UP!

:-D

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've been on an antibiotic since Monday, the strep throat is better, the bronchitis is worse. :? I've coughed till I'm sore. I've been drinking lots of fluids, lots of hot drinks and just can't stop. Will try the Delsym tonight, I'm getting desperate. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

11. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

My mom made this for me for as long as I can remember. It never fails to work

1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
    1 Tbsp Honey
    1 oz Bourbon {Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Etc.)

Warm the Honey and Lemon juice in the microwave until the Honey disolves. Then add to bourbon and sip slowly allowing it to coat your throat

It really works and breaks up that stuff in you. It will stop the cough and help you sleep. Take it easy on the bourbon.

Grace

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The Christmas bug has officially made it's way to my house. Instead of sitting here yawning, I should be washing bedclothes.

13. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I decided to work from home today, no fighting RTP traffic...yeah!:mrgreen:

14. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

My grandma does this one too! It does work. aww brings back memories of playing sick!

15. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Chocolate covered peanut clusters are nothing but sheer heaven on earth. :oops:

16. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Sausage balls are sheer heaven!!!

17. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

You just had to share that thought, didn't you? lmao

18. ServerSnapper

I swear my sister and I fight over our moms sausage balls. God I love them. She als o makes some mean cabbage and sausage!

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Not to the poor sausages.

20. ServerSnapper

That pig didn't die in vain.