Christmas Angels

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Nov 2, 2007.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad girl, it was a work related thing and even though i was invited i still didn't make it:lol:

2. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Have I told you how beautiful you are today?:) :lol:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Jennifer ~ sent you a PM in reference to things.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Jen, just sent you a paypal.

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Today is the last day that I can accept paypal donations!

It takes 3-5 days to get from paypal to my bank account, so today is the last day that I can accept paypal in order to get the donations to the families on time.

If you can't/don't/won't paypal, then you'll need to meet up with me somewhere in the 4042 vicinity before Wednesday to donate.

Thanks!

7. michelle

Just sent mine via checking acct.

8. JenniferK

Ok my little Angels....

Tomorrow is the deadline for Christmas Angels.

Pretty please, for the sake of these kids, find a way to get in touch with me by tomorrow to get your donation to me. I will gladly meet you after work to collect your donation.

We made a promise to these mothers, don't make me break it. We are NO WHERE near the amount of donations we had last year, or our goal for this year! NO WHERE CLOSE!!!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Jen,

I will swing by your office tomorrow. I might be able to add a little cash to what we discussed yesterday.

Good Luck!

10. JenniferK

FYI-
    Normally I wouldn't do this, but this help isn't for me, it's for the kids.

I'm going to be making my way through this thread today, and remembering those who said they might be able to help. I'll send each of you a PM as a reminder. If you just simply aren't in a position to help anymore, please do me the courtesy of a response so that I can scratch you off the list. If you are still going to be able to help, but just forgot, let me know and we'll arrange a meeting to drop off donations.

I understand that things change and money is tight, I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row, okay?

Thanks guys.....and Merry Christmas!

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

See you Friday! With my Santa hat on! :mrgreen:

13. harleygirl

Just in case you couldn't find the list: ;)

Family #1

12 year old boy loves harry potter. Mom said the movie comes out soon. He would love the movie.
    He has a used playstation PSP (handheld). Maybe some games.
    Size 10-12 shirts and pants (he likes sweat pants and doesnt like the feel of jeans) Stuff with the elastic waist, athletic.
    Any toys, this child isnt picky at all.

The 18 yr old boy is size 36 waist (loves Jeans) and the shortest size in the leg available. X-Large in shirt size. He plays drums. He wants the latest die hard movie. Loves classic rock and roll, likes Rush, AC/DC..classics...
    Family #2

1st Child: 13 year old girl

Shirt: 12-14
    Pants Junior 12-14
    Coat size Medium
    Underwear 12
    Socks 4
    Gift Wish: DS Game chip Simms build a house and make a family

2nd Child: 12 year old boy

Shirt XL
    Pants 36
    Coat XL
    Underwear 16
    Socks 11
    Gift Wish: Mongoose bike or Walmart gift card to be used toward purchase of a bike

3rd Child: 9 year old girl

Shirt 8-10
    Pant 7-8 slim
    Coat 7-8
    Underwear 8-10
    Sock 2
    Gift Wish: Baby Alive

4th Child: 6 year old girl

Shirt 7-8
    Pant 7
    Coat 7-8
    Underwear 7-8
    Sock 1
    Gift Wish: Baby Annabelle or Baby Alive

They also indicated they would love a hand held Leapster.

And Family #3

The boy is 15 years old. He is into the normal 'boy' things. He likes to play video games. He has a playstation 2 from a few years ago. He wears a large in mens and a size 29 waist. He is a great kid, but seems to be a little picky about his clothes. Anything would be appreciated by his mom for him though!

The girl is 16 years old. She wears a size 2 in womans pants and a medium in womans shirt. Her interests are anything having to do with horses. She hopes to be a vet one day (her grades are great and her interest is outstanding in this field!) She is very bashful and does not talk much at all. She wears size 9 in shoes.

14. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Just wanted you to know that I had planned on trying to do something for these families by I have done my good deed this holiday season with the following:
    1.) took things to school for the troops (to help my daughter)

2.) Gave some stuff for the troops here at work

3.) Gave to a fund that the Division I am working in was collecting for a young man (that I had not met yet) from here that was in a very bad accident and in the hospital, who has a wife and a small baby and was going to be out of work for a while

4.) Helped a family (wife terminally, ill husband on disability, daughter doing everything)

5.) Playing "Santa" for my brother....putting some gifts under his tree for him so he will have something to open when he has Christmas with his girls. He is going through a rough time and just doesn't have that much money.

6.)plus my own family (Christmas and also getting things ready for my son to leave next month to go to basic)

I am just tapped out right now. With starting a new job and everything, things are a little tighter than I thought they would be.

I know these families will be so grateful. You guys are doing a great thing!!!

15. michelle

Good for you FF! I know the folks you helped will really appreciate it. It feels so good to help folks who aren't as fortunate as we are. I just wish I had a bottomless pocket book so I could help everyone.

16. harleygirl

4042.com CHRISTMAS ANGELS ROCK THA HOUSE!

I can't thank you enough for your dontations for the 3 needy families that we helped this year. <still crying>

I am VERY proud of you who dontated this year to make this Christmas the VERY BEST EVER for families in our community.

You make me so proud to be your friends, givers from your heart and the most awesomest people on the ****ing planet . <ok, still crying>

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. YOU REACHED OUT TO HELP SOMEONE WHO WOULDN'T HAVE HAVE HAD A CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU GUYS!!!!

You are wonderful people and I love you.

HG

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

{{{{{{HG}}}}}} can't do it in person right now but i feel ya:-D

18. michelle

Harleygirl how did it go when you guys dropped off the gifts? Did you have enough for everyone? Fill us in girl!

19. harleygirl

WENT GREAT! Thanks again to everyone who made Christmas special for these 3 families.

Sorry girl for the minimal detail but I have to get moving today:lol: Have to be at my BIL's at 11! :shock:

20. JenniferK

Thank you to all of the 4042ers who participated in this years Christmas Angels program. With your help, we delivered somewhere close to $1000 worth of toys, clothes and gift cards to three needy families.

I'm already planning for next year, and we'll probably handle things a tad bit differently, but overall, this years outreach went great.

Thank you to all who helped!