Website to Check about Potential Sex Offender in Cobblestone

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KnuckleBeach, Dec 28, 2007.

1. KnuckleBeach

KnuckleBeach Member

I have a coworker who heard a rumor that a sex offender has moved into the development known as Cobblestone. I am looking for a website where I can check on the validity of this claim. My children have friends in that development and I feel compelled to learn more about this potential situation.

Any suggestions on where this information can be obtained?

Thank you very much.

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

google "nc sex offender registry"

3. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Go to watch dog.com or something like that.

4. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Actually..yes there is one.

He is a convicted rapist. When you first pull into Champion street from hwy 70, there are two houses on the left hand side. He lives in the smaller house.
    I wouldnt worry too much about it because Cobblestone actually purchased those two houses and they will be demolished I believe next month.
    He has to move out.

This is the guy:
    http://ncfindoffender.com/details.aspx?srn=009945S9

I've seen him once or twice outside his home and once up at Food Lion. I saw a couple of people harrassing him, he just walked out with his head down, not really looking at anyone.
    I think he got the point that he's not really welcomed.
    One more month and he is GONE anyway.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

1 . 04-26-1994HORRY12-01-200314-27.2RAPE 1ST DEGREE20Y

So my stupid ? is if his sentence was 20 yrs - he only got 9? What's wrong with this picture :shock:

6. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

His picture looked stoned

7. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

hmmm

I realize we need to be smart and safe and protect ourselves and families....but what about forgiveness...we dont know the entire story and we dont know him....the Lord tells us to forgive.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I don't want him babysitting my kids, and I am glad the 'right to know' system is in place....however, I would never in a million years heckle him in public or otherwise. Glass houses and all that....

If there was a website posting every stupid thing (or mistake or skeleton, however you want to word it) people have ever done (speeding tickets, drunk driving, bad checks, never returning library books), I dare say we'd all be posted on one site or another.

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i'm not sure i'd holler out the window at him either, but....

you're not comparing speeding tickets and overdue library books to rape, are you?

10. ferrickhead28

He got out due to "Good Behavior".

:shock:

11. ferrickhead28

I do just want to add a few things...:-D

One, the "house" (if you even want to call it that) is about the size of a small shed. Its run down, has garbage all around it and probably only has a bed, small sink and toliet in it. No joke, its SMALL. I also know he does not have a car, someone picks him up. Again, this house will be demolished soon.

Second, the person who apparently owns this "shed excuse for a house" who is directly next door, has a young boy. I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing, but I never see the boy outside. They apparently rent out the "shed" to the offender. (Their house is also going to be demolished).

Third, behind this "shed", is another smaller storage building. I drove by once and saw the Sherriff on the front porch knocking on the door. I saw the offender sneaking into the storage building. I pulled up, yelled out to the Sheriff that he was in the storage building and kept right on going!

It also makes me kind of upset that across the street a few doors down is a small group of elementary aged kids who play outside all the time. I never see an adult outside with them, perhaps maybe they are watching them from inside. I would just be a bit leery.

We never got a letter annoucing his arrival like we would several years ago. I guess they just want the residents to join the email list for the offender registry (I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO THIS) and inform the neighborhood when one moves in.

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

absolutely not. no comparison at all.

My comment was based directly to folks who heckle him in public.

13. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I think you'll have to wait until next week for him to return ;)

14. hinkypuff

hinkypuff Well-Known Member

;);) Good catch!

15. iDidIt

iDidIt Well-Known Member

Hinky I'm mad at you. You never gave me the air freshener I requested.

Get on the ball woman.