Kirby Vacuum Salespeople

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mbe, Dec 28, 2007.

1. mbe

mbe Member

Has anyone recently had a Kirby vacuum salesperson come to your home wanting to demonstrate a Kirby? The particular ones who came to our home were driving a van and came later in the evening. I have also seen them out during the day. Of course, we did not allow them to come into our home. I just wondering if they had been visiting any other neighborhoods recently.

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

these are the ones who offer you a roll of paper towels or a bottle of windex as a "gift"....they haven't hit my hood in some time now. i just don't answer the door myself....

3. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

They are always bothering me! They are always bothering everyone I know. 2 of my neighbors and I have a system we call and warn each other when they are coming down the street. Last summer they were bad! Every damn day one was knocking at my door.One day I was going out to my car and one started yelling at me don't shoot. I told him damn man I left my gun in the house brb let me go get it. He left in a hurry.LOL

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have giant doggie who doesn't like vacuum cleaners, much less folks who sell them. :mrgreen:

5. mbe

mbe Member

That is absolutely hilarious! I bet the same ones won't be coming to your house again. Thanks for responding.

6. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

No his dumb butt came back like a week later. The thing is I do have a gun ( many guns) and would shoot him but its against the law.LOL j/k about the shooting him part!

7. mbe

mbe Member

These people must be crazy. The ones I saw trolling the neighborhood a few weeks back had FOUR people in the van. Who ever knew it took four people to demonstrate a vacuum cleaner? They never stopped at our house, but they did stop at our neighbor's house. Of course, he didn't let them in the house. Then, these same people came back in the neighborhood at night and did come to our house. They would have to make quite a few sales to make a living for four people. I just think that this particular group is very suspicious. If I see them again, I will be getting their license plate number to try to see if they are legitimate reps for Kirby.

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

They probably are. I have had so many at my house. Most are paying there way through school. Most are ( that I've seen ) are black males in suits and ties, Very polite I just get mad when they keep coming back and will not except NO as an answer. I have noticed they drive a van and there is always about 4 or more in the van. I always feel bad about saying NO to them cause I know they are working for school but I aint paying that much for a vaccume.

9. dangerboy

lol that's my favorite bumper sticker of the moment:

some people are still alive because it's against the law for me to shoot them

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I got rid of one who was at my sistas house :twisted:
    Pushy sales people :roll:

11. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

LOL wouldn't it be cool if for just one day you could shoot people, not kill them just shoot them in the butt!

12. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I'll stick with my paintball gun! LOL you could not imagine the stray dogs running around my hood with yellow butts! LMAO j/k kinda

13. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

Ahhhh...what memories....we lived elsewhere in an old house with 17 year old carpeting...we had 2 in diapers and one in preschool at the time so you can imagine what the carpet really looked like! (LOL) They promised a cleaning of any room for free if we listened to them so we said ok, knowing we couldn't afford to buy anything.

He came at 3pm. He talked, and talked, and talked...I think we were the first people he'd ever spoken to! At 5pm I started fixing dinner while DH listened with glassy eyes. At 5:30pm, my husband got a break and fed the kids while I "listened" (and made my grocery list mentally). We would have kicked him out, but...I WANTED HIM TO CLEAN THE CARPET!!!! (I figured he owed me a clean carpet by this point. Finally, while we ate, he cleaned the carpet....it did look as good as possible considering its age, but a 3 hour sales pitch? I wouldn't do that again if the offered to clean the entire house, and the upholstery, and wash my windows. (Well, maybe if they did the windows too....)

14. dangerboy

it's called the grind. they stay there so long that you eventually buy something just to get them the hell out of your house

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I should try that in 08 :lol: :lol:

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have found that putting crime scene tape around your front porch deters them. And for the jehovah witnesses you just draw a chalk outline on the sidewalk and put a copy of the Watch Tower beside of it. Works like a charm!

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Simple solution: Tell them you have hardwood floors.

18. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Oh I love this! LOL

19. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

WOW! I was dumb enough, well now smart enough to let this guy do his demonstration. He convinced me to get the vacuum and he took my old one. Well when my husband got home, he flipped. The vacuum was the price of a used car. So I got my contract and checked what it said about returning it. According to the contract, I had 3 days to fax a copy of the contract to the proper people. I did so and asked them to return my old vacuum. Well a week goes by and the same Kirby guy stops by and ask me why I changed my mind. I told him and he tried to convince me to still keep it. I told him no, just give me my old one. Well, another week went by, the same guy came back and said he couldn't find my old vacuum and could I settle for a different one. I told him NO, I wanted what was mine. He wanted to take the Kirby without giving me anything and I told him he was out of his mind that when he returned mine, he'd get his. Well a few months went by and no word from anyone.
    About 6 months later I get a phone call from the salesman who was cursing at me telling me he needed that vacuum back that he had sold them for over 10 years and had Never gave one away and wasn't about to either. We fussed a little bit then he hung up on me after calling me a few ugly words. The very next day he calls me and tells me I will be hearing from the Johnston County Sheriffs Department because I STOLE his vacuum. I hung up with him and called his headquarters. They said I did all the proper paperwork and it was his problem now that I was in the clear and I could keep the vacuum. The next day he called again asking me if he could pick of the Kirby that he had found mine. I told him according to the contract he had 10 days after I filed the cancellation paperwork to make arrangements to pick his up and return mine. That REALLY made him mad. He began to curse me again. I told the little weasel that if he called me again I'd call WRAL 5 on Your Side and I never heard from him again. So now I have a FREE KIRBY! If you see this guy don't answer your door!

20. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Good for you! I like it when justice prevails like that. I bet he doesn't do that again.