Makes me ashamed to be from Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hinkypuff, Dec 14, 2007.

1. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

SHO-NUFF!

2. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

AMEN

3. dangerboy

LOL

4. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Guess I've learned that much of NC is not lived in by Real Carolinians today.

Best BBQ in the area is at a little place on 86 in Chapel Hill. * Brothers.

5. hinkypuff

hinkypuff Well-Known Member

Guess not! :rolleyes:

Another lame attempt to deflect the opinions of others.

Kind of reminds me of the 2nd grade. What's next? Are we going to start dismissing the opinions of tall and skinny people becasue "Real Carolinians are Short and Fat"?

I can say it too....Case closed!

:p

6. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Allen and Sons actually sounds right for 86.

7. hinkypuff

It's all good!

No worries! :)

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Do the facts that I am originally from North Carolina, am a resident of Johnston County, a substitute teacher in Johnston County schools, married to a teacher, a parent of a student in JoCo schools AND that I find much agreement with the views espoused by those "irrelevant" viewpoints of those outside Johnston County have any impact?

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

NO. You don't vote on the school board.

10. hinkypuff

Maybe..Maybe not. It's not like a scientific pole has been done on the issue.

11. dangerboy

yes, to the extent that they are the views of someone who actually has a dog in the fight (you). the fact that you agree with those who do not, however, does not make their views any more relevant to this particular case.

did that make any sense? how about this:

your views matter because you live/work/pay/vote here. their views don't matter because they don't do any of that stuff here. the fact that they are the same views is a coincidence, and no that doesn't make their views relevant even if they agree with you.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  12. hinkypuff

Good point! :-D

13. hinkypuff

They were never irrelevant in the first place. ;)

14. dangerboy

they have the same relevance as people from idaho who have an opinion about this case. or china. which would be zero.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  15. dangerboy

oh, well then THEY'RE OUTTA HERE! SHO NUFF!!

16. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Don't feed the trolls ;)

17. dangerboy

CAN YOU DIG IT?!?

[​IMG]

18. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

First of all everyone has a right to speak out about an issue whether they live in that area or not. If one disagrees please do not speak out about anything outside your property.

Now, having many friends who work in the Johnston County School system I can assure all of you that most of those employees did not know about the banning/censorship until recently. Even those who are in charge of the libraries had not a clue.

My next door neighbor is a Media Coordinator in a Johnston County school and she nor others at her school knew about this. Once she was aware she wrote to the Editor of the N&O, which can be located by doing a search on the N&O’s website. After she sent her comments she became concerned about her job and went to speak with the Principal of her school. He told her that he was 110% with her. She read her job description and those of all teachers and in it is a statement that supports her/my viewpoint. In short it states that as a teacher in Johnston County they agree to expand and expose the minds of the children they teach. Wow! Maybe the School Board and others need to revisit what, why and how they are reacting to the banning/censorship of books.

Clif…if you come back to me with the Kama Sutra I am going to scream. Let’s get past that one and Hustler and realize that in general banning/censorship of books is wrong and illegal.

Stupid School Board…not only are our children suffering from one side or the other telling them how to think, we as tax payers are going to see a rise when we allow our elected officials to break laws. I wonder why it was kept so quiet throughout the school system. From those I know who work in this system they are mad and they are not going to take it anymore. And, neither should we.

Grace

19. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

DB and Ken,

Oh by the way...some people commenting on this Thread do not live in Johnston County. Should they stop commenting?

Grace

20. dangerboy

grace

we can get past the kama sutra and huslter, as soon as you realize that a local schoolboard removing certain materials from local school libraries is LEGAL, as proven earlier in this thread. you can continue to repeat that it is ILLEGAL, but saying it more won't make it any more true.

and secondly, i have stated that people are entitled to their opinions, including those who are not directly affected by this case, whether i agree with them or not. using the opinions of those outside of this area to bolster your own argument, however, is a waste of time. the opinions of those not involved carry no weight with me.

lather, rinse, repeat.