Refund Policies....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NanaPam, Jan 3, 2008.

1. NanaPam

NanaPam Active Member

Have you ever heard of a refund policy being shown AFTER a purchase? I went to a Fuquay store to have a package delivered. After some talk back and forth on the delivery, I told them to change delivery.....couldn't do that as it was already in the system. Told them to cancel / void it and refund my money. Couldn't do that. It was already in the system and they did not do refunds. Only gift certificates or exchanges. I asked where it says that as I did not see any signs. IT was ON the paid receipt. You find out what their policy is AFTER you pay for it. Only after you pay for it. They made it clear it was legal. It may be legal but not good business.

2. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

Speaking of refund/exchange policies....does anyone know what Rack Room's is? My daughter got some new Nike's from someone at Christmas and they can't find the receipt and they don't fit? I was told they were bought at RR, so the PLU would be in their system.

3. Clif

Clif Guest

Sort of like the famous Fritos contest...

On a bag of Fritos: "You could be winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside."

[​IMG]

(Hopefully the picture shows for y'all)

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Steal this bag? :?

5. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I remember when Burlington Coat Factory would not offer any cash refunds. So, if you bought a coat or any other item, paid for it with cash, returned it WITH YOUR RECEIPT, you got a store refund.
    No matter how much cain you raised with the store manager/corporate office, they would not budge.

I heard they have sinced changed it. Since I have been known to hold a grudge, I still refuse to shop there.

6. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

With no reciept I think its 30 days. Its not long. I bought a pair for my daughter while back and they did not want to exchange them.

7. Southernborn

Well, if i don't have a dated receipt, then they wouldn't know if it was 30 days or not since they were purchased.

They exchanged them though, didn't they?

LOL

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Yes but only after me raising hell with them. I also had my niece who is 3 with me yelling and having herself a fit wanting to go home, I kinda wonder if that didn't help him give in a little. LOL

9. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's a nice little trick I use to get stores to open up more lanes.

10. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Oh yes, My neice can scream to the point you want to stick a pencil through your ear drums. LOL

11. Southernborn

So can I, so I'm going to raise heck with them on Saturday. The PLU will be in their system, and I'm not going to have a receipt, since it was a present. Another trick, is if I have a problem with the stores, I take the name, etc. and then call the corp. office and they always give in (with most stores).

12. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I would doubt they'll give you cash, without a receipt, but I am sure they will exchange them for you.

13. Southernborn

That's all I want is an exchange. I printed off their policy, just in case they try to give me a hard time, since I don't have the receipt. I just want her to be able to pick out a pair that fits her narrow long foot...LOL

RETURNS & EXCHANGES

What is your refund and exchange policy?

Within 30 Days:

Returns and Exchanges with ORIGINAL Receipt:
    •A full refund in the original form of payment will be issued for unworn merchandise.
    •Purchases paid by check must wait ten (10) business days for a cash refund.

Returns and Exchanges with NO Receipt:
    •A merchandise exchange or a merchandise credit will be offered for unworn merchandise at the current selling price, when accompanied by the original box.

Returns from the “Buy One Get One” Sale:
    •The purchase of two pairs is what qualifies you for the discount during our “Buy One Get One” Sale. Accordingly, the discount is deducted from the refund total if either pair is returned. The discount may be retained if an exchange is made at the time of the return.

14. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Nope the haven't change it and my Parents store is in the same mall and we don't shop there either because of this policy, plus I think the store is so junky.

15. AppleFritters

AppleFritters Well-Known Member

At least BCF changed. Belks is no better. Even with your receipt, Belks will only give you what is in the computer at the time. I bought my son several pairs of jeans when the selection was plentiful for the new school year. Out of habit I held on to the receipts. Well when I had to take a few pairs back, I was informed that the jeans had since gone on sale and that was the price in the system. What good was the receipt? Now I think they robbed me.

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Now that sounds backwards as heck.... if you have the receipt and can show what you paid, then there is no reason they shouldnt credit you back the full price you paid. I would raise hell until the store manager came down on that one... even if it was after their return period, maybe 30 days... they should atleast give you the full price in a store credit.

17. Clif

Clif Guest

Personally I'd buy stuff on sale and then, when they went off sale, I'd return them.

18. Absaroka

Absaroka Well-Known Member

clif wrote
    Why doesn't this surprise me,

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Their rule, my profit. Wouldn't you do the same?

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

there is a difference between 'markdown' (clearance) and 'on sale'

markdown-keeps going down until gone or shipped to a different store
    on sale-would be the category that would work for Clif's idea