Refund Policies....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by NanaPam, Jan 3, 2008.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

It wouldn't work... if you don't have the receipt, they are going to give you the last sale price in their system. Example, my mom bought some Gingerbread Houses to decorate from LnT for Christmas at $14.99/ea., she bought 3. After making the first one, the candy was so hard and stale she went to return the other 2. She couldn't find her receipt, and they were only going to credit her 99cents each, because that was what they had been marked down to most recently in their system.

I don't know any store that will give you full price without a receipt. My point was that if you did have the receipt showing full price, there is NO reason you shouldn't get it back (minus a possible restocking fee - if there is a notice posted about it, or language pertaining to it on the receipt) in one form or another. Whether that be a store credit or a money/credit card refund.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it wont work is right, which is what I was saying. Thats why I clarified for Clif the difference, to let him know that his 'idea' won't work. :)

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Sorry sweets!! :mrgreen:

I need to stop trying to keep up with the board and work at the same time... its really killing me! :banghead:

4. KellBell

girl you know Men (most of 'em) don't have a clue about the ins and outs of shopping and our friend Clarence (clearance).:lol:

5. Clif

Clif Guest

Two issues with your statement that "it won't work". First, we were talking about Belks, not Linens 'n' Things. Second, I was specifically addressing Belks apparent policy about which AppleFritters stated, "Even with your receipt, Belks will only give you what is in the computer at the time."

I don't either, but apparently (if AppleFritters is to be believed) Belks is the exception.

6. Clif

Clif Guest

See above.

7. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Return Policy - Wally World

I don't know if this is true or not, but a week before Christmas, I was returning a lot of stuff (changed my mind on some purchases). The greeter (and I use the term loosely) informed me that after the 1st of the year, their new policy would be you could only return items to the same Wal-Mart where you purchased it. So, if you bought it in Garner, you'd have to return it in Garner.

I've been fortunate not to have to return to WW so far this year, so I don't know if their return policy has changed.

8. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

I have been looking at this forum for quite some time (probably the last 2 years). I probably still will not post much, but this thread really caught my eye and I wanted to add my input so I finally registered today. I probably won't post much, but might throw my 2 cents in on shopping experiences and day care experiences.

Someone here mentioned the Belk return policy. Now it has been quite some time since I worked there, but I did work there at one point.

When you make a return, we scan the receipt (provided there is one). Then if memory serves me correctly, we scan the item with barcode. The problem with the "new system" (or rather it was "new" at the time of my quitting) is that the computer automatically puts in the lowest price for a refund no matter what the scanned receipt says. As a sales associate, I did not have the ability to change that price to the higher paid amount. I know because I tried several times. I knew most of my customers by face & name and knew which customers truly paid FULL PRICE for their items. And they would return it days later because it didn't match their outfit or didn't work for them only to find out they would get maybe 25 percent of their money back.

Unfortunately, the managers couldn't do anything about it either. Now that may have changed since then as this was maybe 5 or 6 years ago and the "new system" was just put in place, but that is how it worked then.

So just wanted to share some inside information that might help prevent some anger. It angered me to know that some of my best customers would pay 89 dollars for a purse only to return it 3 days later and find out they would only get 1/2 that even with their receipt.

9. KellBell

SouthernBorn....how'd it go with the exchange this weekend? You didn't have to whoop nobody did ya? :)