La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. tawiii

tawiii Guest

What place?

2. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

I assume La Piazza--I noticed the lighted OPEN sign tonight when I went to Lowes Foods. Will have to try it soon!

3. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

The OPEN sign that you have been seeing is for the nail salon next door. That isn't for La Piazza. And La Piazza is Italian a outside restraunt with Gazebos and such. Which is not at all similar to the one located at the Lowe's complex. And yes I do like Marco's. They are extremely friendly. They have nice owners, and even the kids seem very mature.

4. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

read post # 18

It is not open yet that is not the sign for the restuarant

As Omni stated it is Italian that is correct

5. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Was just curious. Li-Bratz had posted that it will be opening on Jan 6th.

6. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

The Mexican restaurant near the outlet stores is pretty good. That's the only one in Smithfield that I've eaten at. I recommend it. But don't tip in cash, just in case they're all ILLEGALS!!!

7. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

It's Officially Open!

When I went to Lowe's this afternoon I went inside, spoke to Carlo, got a menu, and saw people eating at a table. They are absolutely open. :hurray: Can't wait to try it out! The menu looks really good.

8. icelady

icelady Guest

Clayton La Cocina

Ditto on the Clayton location - It's very good! Haven't been to the one in Smithfield.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

La Cocina definitely gets 2 thumbs up. Try the Shrimp ACC. Yummy!

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That's my wife's fave.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL, mine too. It's addictive. :mrgreen:

12. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

FINALLY OPEN

yes, La Piazza is finally opened. Quietly now. Grand opening will be later on

13. OmniOne1

Went there tonight. It was very small, and everything is very cramped. I had to be very careful when getting out of my chair to refrain from bumping into other tables. My salad was hot, and so was the dressing. And my friend ordered a caeser salad, he never recieved dressing for it. The pizza had no mozz. cheese. And the spagetti that I had was bland and actually gave me a stomach ache. Not to mention everything was over priced. I'll go back to Marco's! Unfortunately they are closed for the next two weeks. Guess I'll be without italian for a few weeks.

14. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Well, because of you and your terrible advertising OmniOne1, I will never eat at Marco's. And stop trying to act, you aren't good at it.

15. OmniOne1

Thats fine. I know my italian foods. I didn't like two cousins and I dont like La Piazza. The food tastes terrible. Try it for yourself.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Omni, you already made it clear that someone was rude to you at 2 Cousins. And that you didn't like it.

If you know your italian, you know then, that italian restaurants are suppose to be small, dark and cramped. Ever eaten at Amedeo's in Raleigh? THAT'S Italian.

:)

17. PAULIES

PAULIES Guest

Omni, you do not know your Italian food. You're probably involved with Marcos. You should stick with fast food. I had dinner at La Piazza last night and it was the best food experience ever. The place is bigger than Marco's, the staff was so friendly I would have stayed there all night. They have a bar and they have espresso coffee and cappuccino (my favorites).
    Omni, stick with Marco's and enjoy their lousy food.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok now for a real review. My dil and i went by there last night to just try it out and see how everything was and i was totally impressed. The inside is gorgeous and you can tell how much loving care went into the design and decorating. We just tried appetizers (planning on going back for dinner later this week) but the food was great and so authentic. i lived next to an Italian family for years in VA who owned a real Italian restaurant so i got kinda spoiled but i have to say the calamari and the homemade marinara sauce was awesome. As for cramped quarters i walked through the restaurant to the lounge area and had no problem moving through and the tables were definitely not too close together. Sorry to contradict the other poster but their review was totally unfactual.

The whole staff was extremely nice and welcoming and i cannot wait to go back to try everything else - the menu is extensive and the owner's wife spent a lot of time telling me how all sauces are homemade and the recipes are their own family recipes. i was very impressed:hurray:

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member