A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

LMAO, girl you is crazy...LOL:cheers:

2. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

It's true though. LOL My mom say's I have always been that way, since I was able to talk. She swears my first sentence was , Your not the boss of me and my second was so, I don't care. For the most part I don't care what people think, I figure if they don't like me its their loss not mine. LMAO

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

We have to meet! :cheers:

Sound like my long lost sista

4. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

LOL what I didn't say, the part I left out is most people don't like me.

5. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

My, my. I don't want to kiss anyone's fanny...just wanted to state that all Southerners don't feel that way, as, I am a Southerner myself.Speak or write however you would like but it doesn't mean all Southerners do the same thing.

Grace

6. Grace Slick

I don't dislike you. Don't know you personally and since we visit the same Forum know that we have something in common. Now, KDC really taught me something on the "their" and "there" today, which I am using constantly for a while so that I do not forget. Explained it to several people and they were in agreement with what she stated. I can remember that "there" is over yonder.

Grace

7. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

Oh I know that, I wasn't being snotty really, thought you mistaken me for being a yankee (and although I have many friends who are yankee) thats just not so. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2008
  8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

That was me. I'm so hurt. :cry:

:mrgreen:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

THat was KDsGrandma I believe. :jester:

10. Grace Slick

My apologies and I will go over there and sit in a chair. As soon as I saw that you had posted I knew I had typed the wrong name. See how I slid what you taught me today right into the conversation? I have been doing that all day. Wait until I email my dad again...I will use those throughout everything.

Thanks,
    Grace:grouphug:

11. ready2cmyKing

:cry::cry:

:lol:

Break over...

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OOOOPPSSS!! Sorry !! :oops:

13. Grace Slick

Just to clear up why I am sitting in a chair over there.

Grace

14. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Their and there and they're are clear to me, and to and too and two - but until today I've never fully understood its and it's, and when to use whom. It makes perfect sense! Thanks KDsGrandma!!

15. Grace Slick

Okay, the to and too do not make sense to me either. Just like the their and there did not earlier today. Can you xplain it?

Thanks,
    Grace

16. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I am going to the store.

Do you want some, too?

No, that's too much trouble.

The little to is just a directional indicator. (Did that sound official? I'm blowing smoke cuz I don't know what it's called.)

Too can be used to mean either "also" or something excessive. I guess I don't really know how to explain it. I do know when to use them!

I'm glad my mother can't see this now - she was an English teacher and would be truly ashamed of me at this moment!

Grandma?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  17. ready2cmyKing

Boy, hard to explain but I'll try.

Too = quantity, as in -- 'he had too much to drink' -- but can be used in place of also, as in -- 'can I go to the store too'.

To = whenever too or two doesn't fit. :mrgreen:

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Would you be interested in typing my reports (you need Department of Homeland Security Chemical Terrorism Security Training first).

19. ready2cmyKing

:lol::lol:

20. Clif

Clif Guest

To is the same as toward. Too is is the same as also. (and of course Two is the integer between one and three.

The two of us are going to the fair, too.