La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Well i am not knocking Marco's i have enjoyed them too but it is two different types of businesses. The new place is more upscale, sit down dinner type of place with a full bar and lounge, a fireplace, etc.

2. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

Just curious for those who have been to La Piazza already. What was the final outcome of the smoking policy?

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i know that 2cousins is all non smoking but the lounge in the back at LaPiazza was smoking.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I cannot wait to go...thanks for sharing the 'aura'.

I hope they can make good lasagna, fabulous homemade pizza, outstanding balsalmic house dressing and tiramisu. That's all I need!!!! If it's even remotely close to Amedeo's in Raleigh,they will have customer's for life! I am hopeful this will be a place for date night without having to always go to Raleigh.

Marco's.....too much sauce and no cheese on their pizza's (bleck)and they don't have BEEF as a pizza topping, garlic knots are never cooked thoroughy (raw dough) though they have the potential to be outstanding. I have heard the spaghetti was yummy. It would be fair to say we probably won't go back.

5. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Making me Hungry...Yum

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

In the other thread they /he /she said they would never go becasue of bad service at the other place, and then they show up at opening night. Strange. This is my pet peeve, other owners /workers at a competing place bad mouthing another place thinking we are all dumb and don't know whats going on.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh yes there is tiramisu, haven't tried it yet but spoke to someone who was there and they said it is delicious - tiramisu is one of my weaknesses:oops:

8. KellBell

ahh yes, when done right, tis unbelievable....

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've neve had it, I feel deprived. :oops:

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'll stick to my meat and potatoes - thank you very much :mrgreen:

11. KellBell

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

13. KellBell

it's outstanding and light and fluffy, like air....with lots of cream and rum! if you ever get the chance, and are at an authentic italian restaurant, try it!!

14. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

The dinning room is non-smoking

the are for smoking is the lounge/bar area it also has that ventilation thing so the smoke goes up through the vent non itno the dinning room

here here for tiramusu yummy!!!!

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

You're a bold-faced liar, too. This place is NOT cramped or crowded. The owners/staff were friendly and professional, the sauce was A.W.E.S.O.M.E., the kids loved the pizza (of course we always order from Two Cousins anyway). And that place was NOT overpriced - you gotta be joking (or trolling). My son had the lasagana, I had the manicotti, and my husband had the Veal La Piazza. All were very good. We really liked the atmosphere, it was very busy and a bit of a wait (the place was just PACKED!) but the food made it well worth it. We will definitely be back.

16. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Cleo, I agree! We ate there tonight. Everything was so good! The pizza (I think it was called "meat lovers") was fantastic! I can't wait to go back! Buona fortuna, La Piazza!

17. KellBell

Fabulous! I have been waiting to see if they make a homemade pizza....which is one of me and my DF's favorite with a cold brewski.....eeek! I can't wait for hunting season to be over so I can go there on date night!!!:mrgreen:

love love love a homemade meaty pizza with some fresh garlic added to it!

mmmmmmmmmm

18. Cleopatra

Scanning is fun!

Here is the menu for anybody interested. We also had the calamari, it was very good. There were ringlets and whole squid battered. Again, very good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Cleo, can you email it to me or pm with the menu. Either I am going blind or its a lil blur.

Thanks

20. Cleopatra