Good Hair Salon

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lindsaywquinn, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lindsaywquinn

lindsaywquinn New Member

I have recently moved to the area and am in desperate need of a really good hairdresser. I am looking for someone who is very uptodate with the latest trends. I really would like someone with a lot of color experience, ie.highlights, lowlights, etc. Any suggestions would be great.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Hi! and welcome to the area and to 4042.com. Here is one of many links to your question as it comes up quite often here. If you do a search on hair stylist and hair salons, you'll find more threads, but this was the most recent one (I think). Personally, I've been to Jenny B at Andrea's (been going to her for a couple of yrs) but most recently have tried Headquarters by the new Lowe's Foods at hwys 42 and 50, saw Amanda for a cut before the holidays...going tomorrow for color, so we'll see how it goes, hopefully good!

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=16006&highlight=hair+salon

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

4. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

Definitely Pure Salon on Hwy 42 next to Dairy Queen. I see Jen Locklear (owner) but all her girls are wonderful and they are all very trendy and up on all the latest styles. Their prices are very reasonable as well.

773-0404

5. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

Welcome - you will really enjoy this website.

Did go to Jenny before she moved to Benson "Andrea's" but did try Michele at Headquarters last Saturday and very satisfied. Did a sort of new style for me and got a great haircut as well as nice personality.

Ro

6. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Headquarters at 42/50 also!! 2nd that!

Michelle is great (owner)!

7. new2area

new2area Member

Radiance Salon and Spa is very nice and you can get a massage or a facial in addition to your hair service. LOVE IT! 772-0000:)

8. lindsaywquinn

lindsaywquinn New Member

Thanks for the advice

To all that sent in advice I really appreciate it. I ended up going to HeadQuarters owned by Michelle. They rock!!!!! Sarah was actually the stylist who assited me and did an awesome job. I had gone to another salon in town and had a horrible color done 2 days ago and Sarah did an awesome color correction on me. I have definitely found a great hairstylist and if you are reading this in search of one ,Sarah at HeadQuarters is very, very good!

9. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

Anyone know who is opening up the ole Cleveland Hair Salon? It is now going to be Cleveland Cuts? Just Curious?

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

What in the world - wasn't that Annette's place - what happened?????

11. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

yes it was, I use to go to her, but she closed the 1st of the year. I hear she is doing booth rent closer to Meadow. I used to go to her, but now, lucky me, my daughter is doing hair. so, can you say FREE!

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

WOW, i am shocked but i know she is probably happier nearer her new home. i went to her too for about 2 years but when i changed jobs to Raleigh it was too hard to get an evening appt so i switched to Joni who i love, she got the highlights and color part down great

13. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

yeah, I'm sure Annette is happier! that new house sounds like the bomb! and she loves them horses..... I need to call her!

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

If you do, tell her i said "hi":)

15. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

will do!

16. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

OK, I know this topic comes up all the time, and I've done a search but come up with a million threads...I really need to know about two places in particular.

I'm going to a "gala" next Friday night at Prestonwood CC and need to get my hair done. I need a shampoo, cut and some sort of style (don't know what yet) and also want to get my nails done. I was wondering how many here have used Radiance, and how they are as far as price and how good they are. My second option would be the new Headquarters, and then the Cindy's nails both in the new Lowes plaza, I haven't been to either one, and was wondering how they are. So if anyone could tell me the good, bad and ugly on all these places, I'd really enjoy it!

Oh, and I haven't been to a real salon in ages for shampoo, cut and style, how much is a good rate? (I have medium length hair, but after cutting it will be about shoulder length)

17. sus

sus Well-Known Member

I love Shannon @ Salon 42. She is great with haircolor and cuts/style. First Hairdresser I have actually let do my hair more than once. In fact been to her several times.

18. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

:iagree:

19. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I have not been to Radiance. I do know Michelle at Headquarters who is the owner and I hear she does a great job. Have rode by and glanced in at Cindy's Nails but have not gone in and tried the services yet. I use Fancy Nail at 42 behind Smithfields. They are very reasonable and do a great job, and as prior noted, Shannon at Salon 42 gets my shout out as for a hairdresser.

20. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Agreed on Jennifer.... she's terrific!