Marco's??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

So uh... I know it's COMPLETELY off topic, but gosh - I was wondering if anybody could tell me about Marco's?

2. Cleopatra

Shh... I'm really looking for genuine opinions of patrons here. :)

3. cece

cece Well-Known Member

My family loves it!

We have dined in and carried out and have not had any problems.

My son says it's the best pizza he has ever had in his life (1st grader).... heehee
    He likes the calzone pizza.

It is excellent, imho... :)

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

we dined in...and really enjoyed it. Service was top notch. Food was excellent. Only lost Big Daddy points for lack of seafood offerings and calamari appetizers...we eat there about every ten days.

5. Cleopatra

What? No calamari?

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Looks like Tit was underwhelmed:

7. Cleopatra

We started to go there one day, had the girls out of the carseats and started to walk in, when a group mentioned to us that we might want to try another time - since it was roasting in there - no air.

Has this been corrected?

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I really like it. We have just had take out and delivery, no complaints at any time. Funny thing is...my family used to go there in their restaurant in NY.

9. Grammie

Grammie Guest

The food and service was great.

10. sherrynewm

sherrynewm Guest

Love the spaghetti !!!!!!!!

11. geekgirlie

geekgirlie Member

Yes, they got a new air conditioning system installed a couple of months ago.

I love their food. We've eaten there quite a bit since we first tried it. The staff has always been friendly and the food is always great.

I believe they are closed until 1/22/08, though for their family holidays. At least, I thought that's what the sign said last time we went there right around Christmas.

12. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I don't know many restaurants that can close their doors for that length of time without having major financial trouble. Hope their sign on the door "closed for holidays" doesn't have the same meaning other's have when it reads "closed for remodeling" which really means their out of business.

13. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I just got delivery from there on Saturday.....yummmmmmmmm...calzones and garlic knots......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

14. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Here's the deal with the closing....

They are orginally from NY. Since this is the coldest month of the year. They never got much business around this time up there. So it has been a tradition for all of their restraunts to close for 2 weeks in January. To get some R&R and to do a little remodeling aswell. Not to mention a good cleaning. So rest assured. This is not a bad thing.

As for the heat issue. That was fixed long ago. Ashley Turner originally installed AC units for a retail space. Naturally restraunts are hotter. So more units had to be installed. So this upcoming summer it won't be an issue. :)

15. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

It is my first post, so I am a bit frightened, but I was just wondering where in ny is that a custom? Lived there 32 years of my life and never heard such a thing. If it is the family taking a vacation, why not just call it that? Obviously they have enough of a following that excuses do not need to be made for them.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Don't be frightened! We don't bite much! Welcome aboard!

17. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much. It is my pleasure!!!!

18. PAULIES

PAULIES Guest

MARCO'S

AS FAR AS I M CONCERNED, MARCO'S CAN STAY CLOSED FOR GOOD. HORRIBLE FOOD. LOUSY SERVICE.

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Went by tonight. Big disappointment in that they are still closed. Was SO looking forward to some good Italian food.
    has anyone here tried both Marco's and la Piazza for the comparison?

20. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

You can not compare authentic home made Italian food from La Piazza to that of what Marcos has.