A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Thanks so much...off to cry...because you are so kind. I don't normally share the thoughts I put on here today, but day by day she slips away.

Grace

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: Thanks Clif!

JS and I already decided, she's on my cabinet. :hurray:

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I know how you feel...been there, done that with my mother for about 3yrs, she passed away 6yrs ago. Now going thru it with my dad. Difference is, she was always pretty nice about everything, tried to stay cheerful, polite and patient. My dad has a REAL attitude, expects everything to be done in a snap, done his way and it better be done right (he's says stuff like'never knew I had such dumb children' when its him who's confused :cry:. I know his mind is slipping and doesn't realize what a pain he's being...but its hard to give so much and then feel like you're slapped in the face for your efforts.... Stay strong, we're here for you. :grouphug:

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

YAAAAH time for some Grey's :hurray::hurray::hurray:

Later taters.

5. harleygirl

So I went to bed at 9 and got up at 7:30 - Think that's enough sleep? :lol:

FRIDAY, FRIDAY, FRIDAY :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

It's Friday and I'm at the beach!!! Tomorrow is our anniversary and I'm not going home until Monday. Yes, we have been celebrating all week! The sound of the water is so soothing. I want to live here.

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

8. harleygirl

Something we did when we were at bike week in MBch was run down to the sand draw your names in it with a big heart around it, run back up to your room and take a picture. :mrgreen: We were up at 6 ish so no one was at the beach yet. I had the pic printed, and posted on the fridge (now it's in a box somewhere)

Happy Anniversary!!! Tell your DH we said Hey!

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I'm so sleepy...

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The Poop Bandit has struck again. That is when one of your kids runs by and you <sniff sniff>, ewwww. All right, which one of you did it???

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

2 in diapers, that's gotta suck. :lol:

Sis-in-law ALMOST had 3 in diapers...Until bro and her stepped up and potty trained their almost 4 year old just in the nick of time. (3 weeks b/f #3 slid down the shoot.)

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Ewww - just fixed a bowl of cereal, took a bite and realized the milk had soured! Yuk! :ack:

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I wish my almost 3.5 YO would use the potty. Instead all I get is "NO! I BABY!!". That's OK, spring is around the corner, nothing like killing two birds with one stone. Drought Relief and Potty Training all in one. I wil turn her loose in the yard.

14. harleygirl

It's raining, I don't want to go to work (throwing temper tantrum ----- NOW!) :mrgreen:

15. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

My hubby wants me to get started on training on my 2.5 year old. I just feel that they will let me know when they are ready. DH is tired of buying dipers but than yet he wants another one...HELLLO

16. Clif

Clif Guest

If he's tired of it, let him train the kid.

17. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Thanks. Today is better, but yes my mother gets mean, she has always been critical but the Alzheimer's makes it worse. My parents are opposite of yours. Both are still living but my dad has always been the one laughing while my mother finds that everything I do is wrong.

Oh well, it is Friday...we have a swim meet all weekend and will be out of the house. Neighbors will check on her and my daughter and I will swim (my daughter, certainly not me), shop, eat and laugh.

Last night DD stated we (4042ers) were a bunch of behind the screen losers, as she tried to help me Post results of polls on the other side. I started laughing and said to her that we are probably the friendliest group of people because we like to talk to others. We could just sit and watch TV but we choose to learn, discuss, laugh and debate while seated.

What a hoot!

Grace

18. Rostrawberry

Thats what I said :)

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

is your 2 1/2 year old a boy? if so, encourage Big Daddy to take him with him every time he goes, that's how mine learned, within a week....

20. Rostrawberry

Nope...she is a girl.

Last spring, my other daughter came up to me and said that she wanted to use the potty and not wear any dipers anymore. She was 2.5 at the time. Now my youngest who is 2.5...I am praying she will be like that :)