La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Miss Cleo. :mrgreen:

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

OK. You've got Braille.

4. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Ha...I may need one soon

5. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

We have not been yet but the menu you posted does not indicate whether or not a salad is served with the Veal/Chicken/Seafood Entrees. Do these entrees come with a salad?

6. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I had lobster ravioli the other night and it came with a salad. My food was very good.

7. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

I had the Chicken Rolltini and it comes with a side of pasta & sauce (I had ziti noodles), but a salad was not included. My wife and daughter both had manicotti and it did include a salad. Was nice to sit down and order a gin&tonic before the meal.

8. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

mmmmm......manicotti!!!! Got to check this place out soon

9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

That's strange that a salad does not come with those meals? We went Sunday night. I had the Chicken La Piazza and it was excellent. They have a great marsala. Wife had the lasagna and it was very very good! The meal portions were good size too. We had the Mozzarella Caprese and it was also very good. Being Italian, growing up on this food, and hearing Italian conversations in the background, it was like going to Nonna's house on Sunday for dinner. The service from all the employees was above par.

As for the Tiramisu ...... has to be homemade!!!!!! It was great!!! If you can't fit it after the meal, do yourself a favor and get one to-go.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I only have to add that this is your shortest post ever :lol:

11. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Hubby and I went this week for lunch and got a stromboli, it was fantastic!!! We will definately be going back! The service was good, the food was great and it was a very nice atmosphere.

12. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Is this restaurant a nice sit down Italian Restaurant or a take out pizza joint with tables for dine in? I thought this was to Pizza place that was opening in the new Lowes Food Center @ 50 & 42. Owned by the same family as the pizza place on 210 close to Big Steve's. Please straighten my arce out.

13. KellBell

It's a nice place with 'atmosphere'. Dark and cozy and italian, with a lounge area and a fireplace. Date night kinda restaurant. THANK GOODNESS.

14. KellBell

OH SNAP...the tiramisu was homemade? I cannot wait, that's the clincher for me, in an italian restaurant.....can't wait to go!!

15. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Yep :) I was in a hurry - but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth :)

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Hate to burst yer homemade tiramisu myth. It isn't. We asked. It was excellent.

From the top....

It wasn’t crowded late at night. We got in around 9. I could see where someone might think that it was a crowded place, as potentially, when filled, it would be a “tight” fit. But it wasn’t bad.

Before we get to the food and the service, let’s talk ambience.

Cigarette smoke in lounge area only. Didn’t drift into dining area. As ardent NON smokers, this is a biggie with us.

If you are in a hurry for food, don’t go there. I like a place where we can sit and enjoy and take time for a good meal…like someone said…a date place…So, if you can’t slow down to enjoy, find someplace else. And, at the risk of offending others with children, this really isn’t a family place…leave the kids at home, so we adults can have at least one place to relax and enjoy a meal….And I am a parent, so don’t preach about how good your kids behave. So do mine, but I want a little break away from them from time to time.

I liked that the lounge area wasn’t a hard core drinking bar…as it’s a great place to meet for a drink and then dinner. If your intent is to get hammered, go to the nearest bar, about ½ mile away, back east on 42.

Ordered calamari appetizer. It was good, but not great. Calamari at Carraba’s is the best we’ve found locally.

I had the Shrimp marsala…and perhaps they need to rename it, PRAWNS marsala, cause they serve up some big muthas. The garlic peeked through, and the marsala sauce was great. Best Shrimp Marsala I’ve ever eaten. C6 got the Veal la Piazza. Wasn’t as tender as she had hoped, but she ate it. She did say she wouldn’t choose that again.

Ordered the tiramisu, with 3 forks. Waitperson had never tried it, so I had him to taste it first. That way, he’ll know what he’s talking about when he recommends it. Great tasting tiramisu. Was a wonderful cap to a good meal.

Granted we got there a bit late. Was disturbed that the staff began blowing out candles at tables near us, offering us that lovely unburnt fumes of a candle poot scent.

Met some 4042 friends there.

Bottom line: We’ll go back. Food was good. Waist staff is in a learning mode, and we’re patient. Carlos really cares about this place. Food was moderately priced, and a good value for the meal and ambience.

17. Cleopatra

The pasta dishes come with salad, and the entrees come with pasta. I believe they said you could sub the pasta for salad if you wanted to.

18. Cleopatra

Hey Hat.. I'll be back with my 3 kids. Ages 18 mos to 13, I'll let you know so you can make other plans. <wink> They DO have about 10 boosters and high chairs. :)

Otherwise, I agree with your review.

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Cleo,
    I didn't say that kids are unwelcome. I'm sure that Carlos and crew welcome all families. My point was that this place "feels" to me to be a step above a place like Maggiano's, and less busy and in motion than a Carrabba's. All three are great places to eat. They just seem to cater to a different audience. The pace and the ambience at Piazza is one of being able to relax and enjoy a quiet meal, with little interruption. As much as we love taking our DD to dinner with us, this is more a special place for us bigguns.
    That said, I don't proscribe bringing children out, especially if they are well behaved. If they are not, entirely different story....
    Thanks, Kaci and LI Bratz, for the meet and greet....:grouphug:
    H6

20. Cleopatra

I just reread your post and I see you were there later in the evening, they were even blowing out some of the candles. I try to have my kids fed earlier in the evening, by 7 at the latest if going out. If I were to go out on "date night" it would be after 8 and I would wonder why children were out that late having dinner in a more adult atmosphere.

Glad you liked it!