Marco's??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

No, but that is my evil plan.

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and report back to headquarter's.....

3. Cleopatra

Well I would if they were open.... :)

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

someone wagered yesterday that they wouldn't ever reopen...time will tell.

5. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I hope they reopen. Since Marco's came to 4042, I've not ventured anyplace else for Italian. We've been to the restaurant and had delivery as well -- sheet pizza is great!!!!!!!! I love their sauce - reminds me of my grandmother's.

6. SaraBeth

SaraBeth Guest

Marcos

Love this place!! One of my favorites!

7. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

I promise that Marco's will open on the 22nd. Next Tuesday. And yes it is a vacation type deal. They go visit family for close to a week and the rest of the time is spent cleaning and remodeling. So don't worry. As for PAULIES...congrats your a true southerner. Pizza Hut is probably more to your taste. And there is a button that says "CAPS LOCK" you may want to hit that one more time.

8. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Wow, you're easy to please :jester:

9. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness now.

10. Cleopatra

Wow. You are doing a fantastic, bang-up job running PR for Marco's.

Hey, there is a "Log Out" button towards the top of this page. Why don't you hit that?

11. OmniOne1

Look just because your all pel-mel for La Piazza doesn't give you the right to be a jerk. I havn't been sending any personal attacks toward anyone. Including the manager for La Piazza. I assume everyone around this area will soon relize which is better. So until then lets just voice our opinions about the restraunts and the food 8)

12. Cleopatra

You don't think telling people that they would be better off at Pizza Inn, CiCis, or some other chain pizza joint because they did not like Marco's is not a personal attack? It's not about who is better, from what I have read here they are two different "classes". My point was, you doing PR for Marco's is really turning me off to even trying them.

Oh, and you haven't seen me be a jerk... yet. ;)

PS, I would rather discuss restaurants rather than restraunts. lol

13. OmniOne1

I think that some people base real italian food off of what they have from Pizza Inn and CiCi's. Don't get me wrong, I eat there too. Its a hell of alot cheaper. But it doesn't have the quality of a nice place. Some people don't relize that difference. So I was simply saying that opinions shouldnt be based off of random pizza places across the globe. If you have a preference that is yours. I voiced my opinion and now I am done.I like Marco's, yes. Excuse me for providing information as to what happened to Marco's. It was my understanding that this is what the forums are for. If you have anything else to say, please feel free to message me via 4042 forums. Instead of thrashing a perfectly good topic. Now onward with the discussions.

My question is...what does everyone prefer? Pizza or an entree? When you go out to eat, what does your family normally get at an italian joint?

14. jdk

jdk Well-Known Member

to omnione1

i've been following these posts' and i'd like to know how you are related to marco or if you are marco yourself?
    the reason why i ask is you seem to be making this real personal, so what is it ?

15. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Cleo,
    C6 and I have eaten at dined at Marco's. We liked it and hope they'll reopen. Give them a try and let your taste buds tell you.

FWIW, I think that anyone associated with a business should self disclose that. Truth will out itself eventually. I find it easier to read posts about a business if I know who is touting and/ or slinging.

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

first of all, i wouldn't insult southerners here if i were you. we still outnumber the yankees, and you just lost yourself one, no actually three potential customers, plus whoever else i tell about this, plus those who will now write you off for spouting garbage. people are entitled to their opinions, and insulting them for theirs in a way that insults all the locals is not smart. and secondly, if you're going to insult someone, you should at least use the correct form of the word "you're".

17. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

that's exactly what paulies did. gave his/her opinion about the food and the service at the restaurant. you attacked him/her personally for it.

18. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

Omni you need to come out of the closet so to speak
    You can guarantee that Marco's will be open on the 22nd. How would you & only you know that they closed to vacation & cleaning & remodeling when they did not inform their customers?
    My own parents ate their at least once a week prior to LAP & they were not told any such thing. So please do not bash people for stating their opinion as you so bluntly did on LAP. Look at this way there is more than enough business here for everyone. Everyone has different prefrences in their taste buds. Seems like someone is scared????

Sorry, you don't care for LAP but that is just your opinion. Just like that of the people on this forum. You need to apologize to PAULIES!! Do you even know if this person is a southerner.

Funny thing is is Pizza HUT started in the NORTH. I worked for them for 7.5 years they are corporate owned by the Frito Lay company. People in the south only had Pizza Hut which are not corporatly owned. Until all us Notherners started moving down here and showing people what we as Notherners are accustomed to. Make sure you know what you are speaking of & try to play nice.

19. OmniOne1

I am a Southerner. I was born in North Carolina. And anyone that lives here knows that there are southerners, and then there are southeners. I do apologize. it upsets me when people refer to food in such a manner. I can't stand people who would call Taco Bell "good mexican food" I myself would rather go to an actual mexican joint. There is a sign at Marco's that tell everyone when they will reopen. And if you talked to anyone that worked there, they would have probably told you in more specifics. I do go to Marco's alot. And yes I do talk with the folks at the counter when I pay. So I suppose I do know more than some. Forgive me for revealing too much information. By the way, I am not the only 4042 citizen that knows this information.

20. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

omni-
    Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this one.