Cleveland Has a paid Fire Chief

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bubba 5, Jan 13, 2008.

1. bubba 5

bubba 5 Guest

I just heard that Cleveland Fire Department has a paid Fire Chief.

2. tawiii

tawiii Guest

WOW...............That's news to me.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

not uncommon for a volunteer dept to have several paid staff members.

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

And....?

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:?:

7. ws

ws Well-Known Member

the reason behind this post is......

8. smoketamer

smoketamer Member

Actually Cleveland has four full time paid staff: The Fire Chief, a Lieutenant and two Engineers, plus two part-time firefighters. The department has had career staff for almost 10 years and in the last couple of years has added staff to better protect our community during regular working hours. Cleveland also has a great volunteer staff of about 40 members, all of whom commit to leaving home at all hours of the day and night to protect our community.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thank You and your coworkers!

10. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

I sure hope Bubba didn't post this as a complaint. If so, get over it.

I am curious though, since the Cleveland area is not incorporated who pays the salaries? Does it come from the County, Clayton, or Garner?

Again, glad some of you are getting paid- wish there was a way all firefighters were reimbursed for their time and the risks involved.

11. cvfdcaptain

cvfdcaptain Well-Known Member

the paid chief has been in office since October and the career staff at Cleveland are paid through our yearly budget which comes from the fire tax that the residents of the Mclemore fire district pay yearly also we are in the process of starting the second station and will be taking delivery of our new rescue-pumper that will be run out of that station i feel that we at Cleveland VFD provide our citizens the best fire and medical services in the county! we have some of the best, if not the best equipment money can buy and we train EVERY Monday night and some of us go to classes on Saturdays and Sundays just to stay on top of our game