Local Gyms

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by turtlepits, Jan 14, 2008.

1. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Wondering if any of you guys go to any of the local gyms to work out. Looking to join a gym, but rather hear what you guys have to say before I sign up. Thanks for your input!

2. turtlepits

I guess nobody works out huh?

3. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I do at home. I don't want anyone to see me sweaty and with out make-up. lol

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We joined Fit for Life behind Food Lion in October, and we love it. They have a lot of equipment, but it's very quiet, not a lot of people there, at least not when I go. They do have someone in the "daycare" area in the evenings after 5 and Saturday mornings from 9-11, so that's when I go. Occassionally I can go in the mornings during the week, and it's very quiet then. I often see the employees, or Chad, the owner, cleaning up the equipment, so that's good to know. And he's very friendly, talks to the kids and us like he knows us. I'd recommend it.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I run /walk just about everyday so not a member of a gym. I used to go to the one behind Bojangles back there by the carwash. Its all women. I loved it there.

AngelEyes, if you are seriously getting your work out on, and others are too, no one cares what you look like. :mrgreen: I used to think the same thing, till I took it seriously. Silly woman.

6. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I look and judge other people all the time ( in my head not out loud) so I expect they do the same thing. LOL

7. KellBell

you do not! You need to stop crazy one!:p

8. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

I do a little bit. OK, no I don't but some people do. lol

9. turtlepits

LMAO!

10. KellBell

well you would make fun of me ....I do not care what I look like when I am struggling to breath and sweating and my hair pulled back....cept I do wear matching gym shorts and tops....LOL in case there IS an AngelEyes in the crowd...:lol:

11. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

NO, I don't make fun of other people. lol I am not getting on a treadmill in front of a room full of stranger's cause I'm top heavy. And it just aint gonna happen. My very closest friends like to comment on it, so I am not gonna go and do it in public for strangers to see. LOL

12. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I have been going to Peak in Clayton for about a year and I like it. Before that I went to Clayton Fitness for about 5 years. I like Peak much better.

13. le

le Well-Known Member

angel, let's hope you do not have to regret that ^ post. did you ever work/lean for merry maids? :mrgreen:

14. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

NO ! LOL

15. KellBell

they make sports bras for top heavy maids....just FYI

16. le

le Well-Known Member

sounds like those leaning merry maids have no need for anything as heavy as a sports bra!

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I favor Clayton Fitness in Clayton.!

18. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Guest

It's more of a self conscience thing. lol

19. KellBell

I totally understand. I was just picking on you being a topless maid. I mean a top heavy maid, I mean a leaning lady.....

heck, I am confused.:lol:

20. le

le Well-Known Member

Excellent dudette!