La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

We ate there tonight for the first time...food was delicious, when we finally got it. It took 45 minutes after we placed to order to get it. Think I'll just give them about 6 months to iron out the kinks before I give them another try.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ya gotta remember, they do not claim to be a fast food business, they make their food from scratch so it does take quite awhile longer to get homemade to order food than other places (more time to enjoy the company you are with and to have a nice relaxing conversation):)

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

I loved the calm pace. 45 minutes is a bit of a wait, maybe it was what you ordered that took a little longer to prepare? I think we only waited 20 at the most. But I really enjoyed not feeling rushed.

4. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

From a Chef

Look guys,
    If you want quality food that tasts authentic , It does come at a slightly longer time. If you wanted food that is faster may I suggest Domino's.
    I have heard this complaint over and over * It takes to long to get our food *
    Well I have been a Chef for about 25 Years and realy sick of the Mc Donnalds mentalities most people have. Remember GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. And thats all I have to say about that Forrest.

:beathorse:

5. tawiii

tawiii Guest

So your definition of "slightly longer time" is 45 minutes? Perhaps if the customer is made aware of the restaurants inability to provide faster service then possibly you won't hear that complaint.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Hoof, and I agree. If you are in a hurry, go somewhere else.
    When I go out to dinner, I am not in a hurry and enjoy being just being out. If you want fast food Italian, go to Olive Garden or somewhere like that.

Come on people, this isn't your first rodeo....:roll:

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

You need to start watching Gordon Ramsey shows... there is a reason good restaurants sell appetizers. :mrgreen:

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

And how come they call them appetizers when they don't increase your appetite? I can easily fill up on appetizers waiting 45 minutes for food! :lol:

9. Shadow Rider

Yes it was our fault I suppose. We didn't order appetizers and the salad came out 40 minutes before the main course. I've ate at a lot of upscale restaurants in the past, much more upscale than this, and never had to wait 45 minutes for Shrimp Parmgiana. (Just 2 people at the table)

Food was delicious, but they did seem disorganized and others around us were complaining about the same thing.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Maybe they need to have some of this "Made to order food prepared in advance" so it doesn't make the customer wait sooooo long. The customers time is valuable also, and I don't like it being wasted at a slowwwwww restaurant...

11. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Seems to me that before choosing a restaurant, one should perform an "instant self gratification check", so that if you know you're hungry and impatient, that you make appropriate choices.

Figure that a hunger/time chart might look like this:

Food Time ISGR (1-10) with 10 being a Feed me NOW! Score

McDonalds 5 min 10
    Wendy’s 5 “
    Pizza Inn Buffet 5 “
    Golden Corral 5 “

Olive Garden 30 5
    Ragazzi’s 20 7

Marco’s 45-60 3
    LaPiazza 45-60 3

Carraba’s 60 1
    Maggiano’s 60 1

No score is assigned for quality of food or service, or utility (enjoyment of food and service.) There are some who may, as an example, actually enjoy Olive Garden more than Carraba's. No score was affected by the drive time from 40/42.

This is my score sheet..and if it's a 10, we stay home and nuke something. I will admit to being a cranky PITA when I am hungry.

I think that La Piazza and Marco's are both welcome additions to our area, and eat at both. Each has its strong points.

12. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Appetizers are for crowds and fat people. Since the size of appetizers are the size of a meal now you might as well just get an appetizer and skip the meal ;).

13. Shadow Rider

Let's see...35 min wait for table....45 min wait for food....think we invested more than the proper amount of time for our $35+ meal.

I agree..LaPiazza has strong point...haven't ate at Marco so can't say...but just thought I would warn others about what they can expect. Go if you choose, but I'll go again in a few months after they are better organized hopefully.

14. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Probably right, just need to iron out some of the kinks.

15. tawiii

tawiii Guest

:lol::lol:

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

We ate at LaPiazza last night and I really thought it was wonderful. We got there about 9:00pm, we were seated immediately in that nice little crook to the left in the dining room. LeAnne (sp?) was our waitress, very efficient, friendly and pleasant. Our drink order was taken and served promptly as were our orders. Salads (the balsamic dressing is the bomb), breadsticks and the dish of herb/oil were brought out. Loved the breadsticks, but would like to see a little more flavor in the oil, garlic, rosemary or lemon thyme maybe. I ordered the veal parm and dh ordered spag. w/ meat sauce. Both dinners were brought out before I was done with my salad. Dh said the meat sauce was good, and the veal parm was wonderful and a very nice sized portion. I recall reading that someone complained about the size of the pasta side, I thought it was plenty for a side dish. I don't see the need to drive to Raleigh for good veal parm cravings anymore. Unfortunately, we were so full that we didn't have room for Tiramisu, I'll have to save room next time. I liked the atmosphere, it was quiet, maybe only 3 or 4 other tables with patrons. There were some children, very well behaved and quiet, the music in the backround was nice. I would give it an A in service, food and atmosphere. It was a nice night out and thanks to the folks at LaPiazza for making it enjoyable. We did ask to see if LI-Bratz was there, but they said she had the night off. I don't see myself trying to go there during the dinner rush hour, but we definitely will be back for a nice late night dinner. I have been to Marcos as well, and I much prefer the ambience at LaPiazza.

Kudo's again to the staff and management at LaPiazza!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I guess you got there at a good time., cause when it is busy the wait for a table and the wait for the food was way too long....Glad you enjoyed your meal.

18. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

The Wait...

I understand where everyone is coming from on either side. Since opening day we have been on a wait anywhere from 45 minutes to well over an hour. We only have 17 tables in the dinning area. We do have the bar area & yes it fills up quickly. We also provide take out service.

I left at 7pm on Friday and we were on a 45 min. wait. Our take service was on a 1.5 hour wait. The chef makes everything to order. This is not frozen. These entrees are made fresh to order. We are able to prep certain items to count down on time. When you factor in the take service also that the dine in customers do not see that is where the wait time is coming from also.

I think for being open now just two weeks we are doing very well. Yes things could be better but thank God not worse. We appreciate all your business & look forward to serving this community.

Remember everyone wants to go out to eat on a Friday & Saturday night. please just be patient. Again thank you.

19. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I can't wait for a date night so we can go out there! It's only a mile from my house, and evertime I drive by at night, it's packed...and that's a great thing for them, but not so great for the customers. I take it as a good sign though that they're so busy, and if you're out to enjoy the evening, don't be in such a rush!

20. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Will the La Piazza tak a personal check??