Marco's??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Omni - I'm glad you clarified this also. We get takeout regularly from Marco's & have always enjoyed it. However, I was concerned that you were somehow affiliated with the business & I was put off by your seemingly negative comments about Southerners & the posts you've made concerning La Piazza. You don't have to be from Italy or New York to know when you've tasted "good" Italian food. My family enjoys the food served at both Marco's & La Piazza. I realize that sometimes folk’s postings are interpreted a little differently than the message the poster actually meant to convey. While your intention may have been to promote Marco's, some of your postings actually tainted the image of the business a bit from my perspective. Not all publicity is good publicity.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Melynda,
    As always..you are on target, and well expressed with such an even handed tone. I appreciate your civility. When the flames begin, it makes it hard for me to maintain any interest in reading them.

I urge self declaration when you post about a business. If you own, operate, are financially tied into, related to, or friends of a business and/or its owners, disclosing that allows us to develop some credibility of your posts. Slamming a competitor is never good form. In my business dealings, I have developed a great deal of respect for my ethical competitors. I understand that they have their jobs to do, and that necessarily we see different ways to achieve our own objectives.

I might add that a good business person actually checks out his competition. I recommend to any restaurant owner that they check out the competition, by going in for a meal. Occasionally, one finds that the competition has found a better process, and rather than expend sources to develop your own, it's easier to adapt their success into a benchmark and use that to make yourself more competitive.

Both LaPiazza and Marco's will either find their following or not. I wish both of them the best of luck, as I know how difficult it is to operate a small business. And, rightfully so, others have pointed out that there is enough business for both..and more. Neither will succeed by taking the low road and they know that. I'm all for successful local businesses.

3. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Just letting everyone know. Marco's is opens up tomorrow. I can't wait.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Pee your pants can't wait? Or just a general "Can't wait"?

5. OmniOne1

A general can't wait.

6. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol::hurray: Good one! That comment made soda come out my nose!

So its' re-opening? News to me, but then again, never new, or cared,that it had closed.

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

bleck. I don't like Marco's. Who ever heard of a place when you ask for beef on your pizza they cut up meatballs? eek.

bleck.

But I am glad, if you are glad, that they are open.

8. OmniOne1

Actually they have meatball and beef. I know because I get both on my pizzas alot. You just have to specify I suppose.

9. le

le Well-Known Member

eek AND bleck? i think not. meatballs on a pie is a special touch imo. granted i have only carried out samiches from marco's but girl step outta yo box this time!

10. KellBell

I did, both times, and that's what I got, cut up meatballs. bleck. Beef is not an option, at least not on this menu I am looking at, at this very moment.

11. KellBell

me and my box are going up the road. 8) I gave them three chances and all three times the garlic knots were RAW, big, raw knots of undercooked dough...in addition to the 'WHERES THE BEEF' incident. I won't rule the sandwiches out, should I have a hankerin' for a sandwich in the future.:mrgreen:

12. OmniOne1

There are alot of toppings that arn't on the menu. I don't think they have menus big enough. Most pizza places have over 30 toppings. Most don't list hot cherry peppers, anchovies, or pepperchini, ect. on the menu. Next time, just ask for ground beef. And make sure you specify, because I'm sure alot of times customers don't know the difference.

13. KellBell

I will try that....if I decide to go there again. thanks.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They'd have to be damn good meatballs to be put on a pizza. There aren't many places I'll order meatball on my pizza from, and it is one of my favorites. Problem is, once you slice the meatball and send it through the pizza oven, they get overcooked and dried out if they're not good and tender/juicy to start with.

15. OmniOne1

Oh I love meatball and bacon from Marco's. Neither toppings are on the menu. Some pizza places add toppings half-way through the cooking process. I think you have to with buffalo mozzerela, otherwise you couldn't tell it's on there because it would melt with the rest of the cheese. (Buffalo mozzerella is a ball of cheese about the size of a baseball. That is taken in chuncks and put on the pizza. For anyone that doesn't know.)

16. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

i also dig sliced meatballs on pizza. thanks to goodfellas/veneros for turning me onto it. they had it listed on the menu, though. if they're not listed, how the heck do you know they put it on the pizza in the first place? esp? ask? usually, if it's not on there, they don't have it...in my experience anyway. seems kinda stupid to carry toppings for pizza but not to list them on the menu. seriously. how are you supposed to know they've got it? should i also assume that even though they don't have cheeseburgers on the menu that they probably have those, too, but they didn't have room on the menu for them? derrrrrrr.....

17. KellBell

yeah, what he said.....

deet-da-dee:jester:

18. KellBell

B-I-N-G-O.

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok honestly, all you are doing is hurting business for Marcos - do not know who you are but knowing the owners they really need to tell you to quit posting, you are hurting their business so much more than helping it.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm with you there. Eating out shouldn't be a guessing game. But that's just me.