2ND HAND BOOKSTORE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have met a person in the last week who owns a 2nd hand bookstore in Cary and is looking to possibly opening one in our little nameless community. i told her i would post a thread to show her how much interest there was in this area for such a store. So what ya think fellow no name groupies, do ya think it would be worth her while and a good business venture to do so???

2. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I think a second hand bookstore would be great. Heck, any type of bookstore would be great!

Yes I know there are libraries in the area also.

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I would be a frequent customer!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

If you had stayed a bit longer, you would have met her today - i told her about the get together today and she came after you had left.

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed her! :-(

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm not part of your "nameless" community, but I would certainly come and check it out. Love some used books!

7. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Count me in too with lots of interest!! I may not be able to get a book to read though for at least 3 years with my 2 little one!!! No time for me to read with a 2 and 3 year old!!:?

8. greengoddess

greengoddess Active Member

Count me in! My family goes through books like toilet paper! lol It would definitely be good to have a second hand store here rather than having to go to Raleigh all the time.

9. claytonsassy

claytonsassy Well-Known Member

i'd love a second hand book store

10. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Would her name be Mindy?

11. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I would love a used bookstore, new bookstore, whatever!

12. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Would love a book store!

My husband I were actually surprised that a coffee shop and bookstore weren't part of the growth at the White Oak Shopping Center. (You know Starbucks are popping up everywhere like drugstores these days). ;-)

13. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

I would also love a second hand bookstore here. Plus I know the owners lol so that a great plus!!! They are absolutely WONDERFUL people.

14. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I'd rather buy a few books at a used book store than pay full price for a new book any day :)

15. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

A used book store sounds great. I love to read...so I'd surely be there!

Brenda

16. le

le Well-Known Member

Ditto. Bring it, please!

17. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I love to go to Edward McKay. That would save me a trip to Raleigh. Teachers love used bookstores, and we have lots of them!

18. ObSeRvInG

ObSeRvInG Active Member

Yes! It would be great to have a used bookstore close by...

19. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

I would definitely shop at the store. I love 2nd hand bookstores and shop at one in Cary all the time. It would be nice to have one around here.

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

yes - we need a second hand bookstore - I have many to get rid of and I am always looking for new stuff! All my stuff is hardcover...not hardcore, hard cover.....

Harley - put those books in the back of the car and give me a call when you are headed out this way or over by the fairgrounds - near where I work - I need soem entertainment.