Marco's??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Cleopatra, Jan 8, 2008.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

missed ya today girl, it just was not the same without you:cry:

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Awwww! Thank you Kaci! I've got the warm fuzzies! :oops: Missed you guys too! Next time! I promise!

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Butttttt it was the first one we have had that you were not at, it has always been you, me and Harley:cry::cry::cry::cry:

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sounds like you had fun regardless! Family duties today since school was out. 8)

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i understand so i guess you are gonna just have to head up my way at work and we can do a lunch since you have the opportunity to travel with your job - honestly though, we really did miss you and your name was brought up several times.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:hurray:We'll have to do that! Hope the new job is going well!

7. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

If you ever get a chance try J&S off 55 in Apex, or their new location in Fuquay (even though I haven't tried it there yet), for a DELICIOUS meatball pizza. My favorite when I have a hankering for a meatball pie!! :)

8. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? You guys don't know what you like a on pizza? You can't list 50 toppings on a menu. How tacky is that. You know what you like, and you know what goes on a pizza. One and 50 people like pepperchini, so why should they throw it in the mix? It doesnt take much effort to ask questions. It isn't domino's. I havn't been anywhere where they list every topping unless thats all they do.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

'm not playing 20 questions to order a meal. If you got it, write it down somewhere. I've seen plenty of menu's that list stuff like that. Heck, just staple a list inside the menu. :mrgreen:

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so i do not reiterate, please read post #60 on this thread!!!!
    (note to self:i really need to call Marco's tomorrow so maybe they can put a stop to Omni's posts if they know who it is, i have met all the owners and i honestly believe they would be appalled at it's posts.)

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yep, I think you need this Kaci: :beathorse:

I'm was considering trying them out, but I'm having second thoughts. If you like them though, I may re-think it. :?

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

The food is good and the owners are really nice folks - we get take out from them and have never been disappointed. It does worry me though that this person is turning business away from them and they do not deserve that, they have tried hard to build a good reputable business. Give them a try kdc, i have never eaten in but the take out has always been good.

13. OmniOne1

OmniOne1 Well-Known Member

Tell me how I am turning away business? They arn't Domino's, and it frustrates me that every makes it out like they should be. They are a restraunt. Not a Wendy's. I guess you should also call them and tell them to put up a drive through menu outside. So you don't have to think so hard.

How hard is it to ask... Do you have pineapples? It isn't listed in the toppings list. But they have a hawaiian pizza...think.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

And thank you for proving my point.

15. southerngal39

southerngal39 Well-Known Member

Just a little hint to ya Omni you are messing with the wrong one when messing with Kaci.

As far as what you said about calling owners Kaci I think you are right on the mark. I had thought about checking out there pizzas as well but sorry to say I probably will NOT.

Oops, had to put my two cents in taken up for my peep lol!!!

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

KDC, Southerngal...and others,

My experience with those on this board is that rarely is an opinion of one, seen as a fact by the rest. From this, I know that I'd best be able to back up what I post with some credibility, or else I'm gonna get blasted out of the water, which is as it should be. Most of us are "identifiable" by our tone and expression within our posts. We can take comfort that a certain POV from poster "A" is pretty much in line with their posting history, but our "Is this for real" radar goes on when the post is far out in left field. When someone I feel I have gotten to know posts a YGTBSM me post...(You've Got To Be Sh**ing Me) post, then I have to crank up the credibility tester to make sure.

That said, C6 and I have eaten at Marco's and La Piazza. We enjoyed both. We'll go back to both.

And, doing due diligence, perhaps you should check them out too.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The problem with OmniOne, as I see it, is that he/she is very new to the board and the great majority of his/her posts have been praising Marco's and/or bashing other restaurants. Many of us got the impression that OmniOne must be an owner or employee of Marco's. It turns out that may not be the case, but whether it's true or not, it leaves a bad impression of the place. This person's negative and arrogant postings do not engender warm friendly feelings for the place he recommends.

I too have eaten at both Marco's and LaPiazza, and have enjoyed both. It is not necessary to bash one restaurant to praise another. There's plenty of business for both restaurants, I'm sure.

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Not to mention he/she hasn't posted anywhere else except La Piazza thread and the Marco's thread....:confused:

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

How do we know what we like until we try it? And how do we know we can try it if it's not on the menu? And what the heck is pepperchini? Do you mean pepperoncini? Talking down to people like that is not making any friends for your favorite restaurant.

20. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

dig