2ND HAND BOOKSTORE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jan 21, 2008.

1. plummobile

plummobile Well-Known Member

Used Books

I would love to have a book store, period. With the cost of gas, decrease in yard sales (though that's rather seasonal), and the small availability in the libraries, I believe it would be successful. Just make sure it's advertized a lot and the prices are realistic.

2. CrzyForBaseball

CrzyForBaseball Well-Known Member

I'd love one also. Barnes and Nobels was rumored to be coming to the new section of White Oak when the theaters opens, but that never happened. I'd love any bookstore this way, used or new.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hey, every book I have ever read has spent some time with me in the restroom. You will just be able to sniff out my used books. :mrgreen:

4. peekaboo

peekaboo Well-Known Member

Me too.....

We need book stores badly here, and a few motel/hotels.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Do you mean fewer hotels? Currently, depending on how you define the area folks want incorporated at 4042, we probably have/will have more hotel rooms than residents.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Yep...I'd be a customer as well.

7. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Count me in! I love a good motivational read, but I also like to recycle books!

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

You can have some of the used car lots on US 70 in Clayton, east of Clayton and West of Clayton. There must be gold in used cars.

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'd shop at the bookstore just to meet some of my fellow 4042'ers!

I agree about the car lots on 70. Me and hubby went to several of them and most of them were scams. One place wanted us to put a deposit down on a used truck BEFORE we even gave it a test drive. Salesman said that would she them that we were really interested and that we weren't just wasting his time. It took my hubby about 2 seconds to tell that guy what he thought of that idea and we left.

10. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

That would be WONDERFUL! I love, love, love 2nd hand bookstore. I frequently shopped one in my old hometown and we all know we really need one here. Looking forward to it and thank you, Kaci! :)

11. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

oh I would love a used bookstore here, man I read at least a couple a week and that can get expensive. I read on my breaks at work and lunch (keeps you out of trouble), and of course at night before bed. Love to read!
    Sheri

12. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I'd love it if there was a good 2nd hand bookstore on this side of the moon. Nothing reads as good as a book already once loved. :mrgreen:

13. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

EEEWWW, I'm never buying a used book, or going to the library again!

Just kidding, me and mine would love a used book store! The kind that Edward McKay used to be, not the kind it is now!

14. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Yes sir I will definitely go to the used book store. I go to one in Goldsboro near the base as often as I can so would like one a little closer.

15. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Me too! Me too! Bring the bookstore PLEASE!! :hurray: woohoo!

16. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

Books? Books? Sounds familiar.....Oh yeah, I remember! Those things I used to read before I discovered the internet!:mrgreen:

Love 2nd book stores, especially if there is coffee involved! Great idea.

17. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

Hey, me too :)

18. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

And how about when you find a booger in between the pages of a used book. (I was poor in college.)

19. Debyan

Debyan Well-Known Member

I didn't use boogers as bookmarkers I used toilet paper, no it wasn't used :)

20. I think that would be great!