La Piazza

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Dec 20, 2007.

1. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

Is there any other italian restaurant you enjoy as much as Marcos. Or is that the only restaurant worth promoting and La Piazza the only one worth bashing? There is room in this community for 2 italian restaurants. There is room on this board for many opinions. But I dont think restaurants should become sooooo personal unless you are personally involved. I dont think there is room to try and ruin someones business.

2. JerseyGrl

JerseyGrl Member

Well here is the thing, if you have read back you will see that we haven't bashed any of the restaurants. We have given our personal experience on them..... the good and the bad. The comment that was made was that they are by the same owner, so if one isn't your personal choice of food the other may not be either. Also you will see that everyone has also said negative about Marcos, LaPiazza, any of them but usually 2-3 post later someone had something positive. I do know about you but if I can get some ideas about a restaurant before I go I like that, so you have an idea of what to expect. Hell you could probably have a forum about McDonald's and get some of the same responses. Please don't take things so personal everyone is allowed to have their own responses, you may not like them but next time you go somewhere think about it a little. Haven't you ever went somewhere and just were not pleased, this is our way of voicing our opinions.

:jester:Opinions are like butt holes everyone has them and they all stink :jester:

3. JerseyGrl

JerseyGrl Member

LOL You crack me up, I am SO SO glad to hear not everyone cooks with fatback, I just can't imagine it. I'm from the north and must confess I have taken a liking to a little country music, YUP I rock out to it in the car! :oops:

4. fsb3

fsb3 Well-Known Member

Jersey girl, with all due respect, this was not directed at you. I do understand what you are saying, and I do not think you bashed La Piazza at all. You gave a fair detailed experience.

5. Grammie

Grammie Guest

Some of you say this place is owned by the same people who own 2 cousins. This is where I am confused, someone was at my house tonight and told me she works with the owner of LaPiazza. He owns it and his daughter runs it. Now this man works in Cary and it is not at any restaurant. So I am totally confused. Where did it come from that 2 cousins owns this place also?

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

2 Cousins and La Piazza are owned by the same person. I think his name is Carlos.

7. Grammie

Grammie Guest

I think someone is lying to my friend. Carlos is not his name. Thanks

8. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

Drop the "s"... Carlo. :)

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

What? All I hear around her is fat back this, fat back that. Put some lard in it and it won't do that.

Hate country music? Must be into rap then.:mrgreen:

10. ready2cmyKing

Nope, I've never, ever bought the stuff, much less cooked with it. Now that isn't to say that I've never eaten it. My Mom used to make it once in a while (with homemade biscuits & molasses) when I was a kid, but I wasn't very fond of it even back then. Lard is a different story. I NEVER saw that stuff in my Mom's kitchen, and I've never bought it or knowingly eaten it (I'm sure I have at a restaurant before.) Gross!!

Sorry, not into rap either. I'm all about CCM. :)

11. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Isn't Lard another word for Poop

12. ready2cmyKing

No, lard is another name for fat. :ack:

[​IMG]

I'll take the butter! :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  13. ponychick

ponychick Well-Known Member

Ah, I feel so bad for ya'll. (or should I say youse guys?)

Have you never had a crispy piece of chicken fried in lard? Or the best pie crust ever made?
    Obviously not.
    Lard didn't lose favor because it tasted bad. Actually it has no taste. It just cooks up better than butter or Crisco. It's just not good for you, although that mindset is actually changing to "okay, it won't kill you as quickly as we thought..."
    I'm not saying you should cook every day with lard, but I don't think you should cook every day with grease and oil anyway.
    At least try something before you say it tastes like crap. Because really, if what you're eating tastes like crap, it's not because of the lard...

14. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

No thanks, I'll pass :)

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Anyone that doesn't know about cooking with lard or fatback doesn't know what real country cooking is.

Craig

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cheers:

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

anyone who has eaten a Bojangle's, McDonald's or Hardee's breakfast biscuit, has eaten lard.

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree:

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

It's not just a southern thing, either. My French-Canadian grandmother made the best pies in the world, and she used lard in her pie crusts. And she always put a piece of salt pork (sort of a Yankee equivalent of fatback) in her homemade baked beans.

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Raising the ante....51 yrs born and raised, except for military service..no fatback, hate CW and can't stand Elvis..shuck my own oysters, peel and devein my own shrimp (Friends don't let friends buy imported shellfish)...

And, my out of state friends, you came here voluntarily. Please use some manners. One has to wonder, why in the world would you stay here, if it doesn't fit your wants and needs. Those of us FROM here seem to like it just fine.

Beach music....it's a Southern thing...and if you haven't heard it, you wouldn't understand. "Shag" has more than one meaning.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008