Anyone ever try to get a street named ?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Daredevil, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

I really want to get one named for a friend that is no longer with us. What is the best way, through the developers, or through the city ?

2. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

There was a story in the N&O a year or so ago about how JoCo officials aren't letting this happen anymore. I really don't know much other than that.

3. jfre81

jfre81 Member

That's kind of lame. They already have streets called "Justin" and "Tammy" in the area around Cornwallis/North Shiloh Road, so why not?

4. Loriana

I don't remember all of the exact points, but they claimed in the article that since the population of the county was growing, it was getting confusing. I remember them mentioning "Country Road," and claiming that there were like 4 of them in the county. I tried to do a search for the article, but I couldn't find it. I'm not saying I agree with it, just that I read it.

5. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Justin and Tammy do not have last names on the street signs. That is the difference.

6. tawiii

tawiii Guest

How about Loop Road. I see a ton of them around.

7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

When I looked into it, they suggested "adopting the highway' in their honor instead. Not the same, but got the name on a sign. :? That was several years ago, so maybe it has changed.

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

If you are trying to get a street RENAMED, probably ain't gonna happen. If it's a new street in a new subdivision, The developer can pretty much name them at is pleasure,as long as it's not too similar to an existing name, ie: if there is already a Cherry streeet they would not use Cherry Road. This helps avoid confusion. Hope this info helps.

9. tawiii

tawiii Guest

At one place I lived many years ago the street name was the exact same as another one about 5 miles away, except for one was St. and the other was Rd. Back when Domino's use to give the 30 min. or it's free guarentee I ate a ton of free pizza :lol:

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

It's the same one, yo - it's just goes in a big loop. What're you lost? lol

11. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I think you might be thinking of the article that refered to the naming of schools.

12. Loriana

No, that was a different article. This one mentioned Country Road and Motorcycle Road specifically.