C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    I dont go to church for the same reason.

I tried out a couple of churches which I did enjoy except for the people. I didnt quite understand the negativity. I chose to stay at home now and do my own thing. :)

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

c3 is a joke? not so for a lot of people. i guess pastor matt and his church are doing something right. 3200 attended their grand opening services yesterday. rock band so loud you needed ear plugs in the first few rows. video screens, etc. who would have ever thought there would be a church this big in the cleveland school area?
    not for me but congratulations to c-3.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/906581.html

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

<GASP> I saw a guy smoking a cigarette in a car with a C3 sticker yesterday.

4. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

are you saying that is a sin? many members of my church smoke. anyway God forgives sinners.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Smoking is a sin??? Of course for Mormons they are not allowed coffee or tea either?

6. Cleopatra

Just stirring the pot. I DID see that yesterday, and it reminded me of course of 4042.com

About Mormons, are they like any other religion where people DO drink coffee/tea or smoke even thoug they are "not supposed to"? I have never met any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Joke (kind of) -

What's the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist?

The Methodist will say "Hi" to you at the liquor store on Saturday night.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Worked with a Jewish Gentleman at my current employer, this gentleman wanted all the Jewish Holidays off so that he could celebrate with his family, and rightfully so. But it cracked me up at our annual Male bonding event, Packers - Lions game in Detroit, when we went to lunch before the game and he had shrimp cocktail and oysters.

8. Cleopatra

Oh Hugh, you know Leviticus is so overrated.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:mrgreen:

10. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Unless the gentleman was an Orthodox most do not abide by the kosher laws/rules. To completely abide even the utensils have to be washed a certain way. So, in saying that, the majority of Jewish people I know celebrate the holidays without abiding by the strict laws.

I have always wanted to put down on my job application that I am a Buddhist or Muslim so that I can get loads of holidays and time off. What is good for one religion is good for all.

Grace

11. Mad Hungarian

Mad Hungarian Member

And that's also why Gorillas have big nostrils, too. Cuz of fat fingers. (Umm, not meaning yours have anything to do with it, just so you don't take offense..heh heh heh)

;)

12. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

13. Shine

Shine Guest

I've been there to see what it is all about. Many people who attend the church have told me that they like it, because it makes them "feel good." But...is the preacher preaching about the blood of Christ? The only way to Heaven? I've never heard it mentioned there. Christianity doesn't always make you "feel good." From time to time you need to have to pick your feet up off the floor, because your toes are gonna get stepped on.

14. Cleopatra

15. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Hmmm...maybe they were just hiding the party from us!! Have to say I'm not Mormon, but always hope that I set as good an example as most of them do in public.

16. deliqueen

deliqueen Guest

okay...okay...yesss I AM MORMON...(wow this kinda feels like an AA mtg!)
    Hi my name is ----and I AM a Mormon!...actually I am..and yes there are those of us who for lack of anything better to do..STRAY..by that I mean..I grew up in Bountiful, Utah, (yes again, land of the mormons) and yes I was raised in a strict mormon household. I am the oldest of 10 children, I have 6 younger sisters, and 3 younger brothers...MY mother died when I was 8 yrs old and she had just turned 30. My dad re-married later that yr...my step mom had 2 daughters of her own, and dad had myself and my younger brother....from there it sprouted...wow..now that i am an adult i understand things ALOT better...any ways...I followed all of the rules while living at home...but when there is absolutely NO challenges to build your "testimony" well I joined the navy and found..."the GOOD life"...i went nuts...I really feel like i was truly the ONLY 22 yr old Virgin that had EVER joined the U.S. Military...I know how the little Amish children feel on their litlle "freedom run"...I can't remember what THAT'S called...ruummspringsumthin!..Then when I think I have seen it all and done everything I had ever been told NOT to do..I had kids...Man! talk about an eye opener...I KNEW...when I had my daughter, that I was in dire need of some instruction...and I KNEW that I wanted to raise a beautiful, chaste, and honest child (okay children, I have 1 girl and 2 boys) I wanted my children to BELIEVE in something..and have friends of the same caliber...and as we do NOT live in Utah...They would actually Have something to strive for...so after going back to church...and Starting ALL over again...(I think I also have been the ONLY Mormon who has ever owned a BAR in downtown Clayton...)that being said...if you have questions about the Mormons...TALK to one..generally MOST will NOT try to convert you (right away):lol:...but YES we do believe in Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Ghost. We do believe in the Holy Bible, and YES we also believe the BOOK of MORMON to be another work of scripture...(okay that one will probably get me the "you poor bainwashed cult member" look from some and the "evil eye" from others...) Oh...by the way..our President of the Church passed away last night..at the age of 97..so there should be another onset of "special" on t.v. about us...but like I said...ask..oh yeah I personally had my 'horns and tail docked' at an early age so the scarring would not be severe....:mrgreen:...and if there ar any questions I might be able to answer..feel free to p.m. me...I'll do what i can....

17. Cleopatra

I heard that, RIP Hinckley.

Glad to have a Mormon on board! I just watched Volume I of the Book of Mormon. I tired of reading, and thought it might be a nice shortcut. Well, Volume I only covered what I had already read! And I don't see Volume II... Grrr....

18. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

deliqueen,

I will probably PM you because I love to learn about new things. Met some Monks at Office Depot last year and had a long talk where I learned much. I would love to ask some questions that are on my mind and squash some that I have heard people say. I am not into organized religion myself but love to learn about all of them.

Grace

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's all good! Had a good friend and neighbor growing up who was Mormon. I even went to church a few times with her. Being as how I am Presbyterian, it was interesting, to say the least! 8)

20. clive

clive Well-Known Member

The "feel good" comes from the upbeat worship music....nothing wrong with good music. Rest assured, the redeeming blood of Christ and the fact that belief in Him is the only way to eternal life is taught there by Matt. We are challenged constantly and get our toes stepped on plenty........as it should be. If anyone wants a "feel good" sermon there's an individual on TV who is very good at delivering that kind of message. For anyone who is curious about Matt's sermons you can go to C3church.org and navigate from the home page to download podcasts and listen/watch at your leasure.