Smells

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kookookacho, Jan 25, 2008.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

While you guys are giving me very many options on how to address this, I just don't have the clackers to tell someone they smell. For one, I work in a relatively small office setting. Not many people who could leave the anonymous bag of personal hygiene toiletries. And if I did, she would interrogate each person in the office to find out who left her the prize. Or she would be so bold as to announce to the whole office, her offense or whatever reaction to the prize bag. She's just that brash.

Guess I'll just have to walk around with vics vapor rub under my nose. <sigh>

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That sucks Koo. Maybe try some scented candles/potpourri? One of those little crocks with oil? Just play dumb along with her. "MAN. It stinks in here. What is that smell? Do you smell it? It just smells funky" Have her search the office with you, in hopes of finding the elusive stench. Amazingly, it will follow her wherever you look. "Wow. It seems to be everywhere.". Then when she is out, be sure to note upon her return how the smell was gone the day before but "gee, that's funny it's back".

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If it gets bad enough, you may find you DO have the clackers. You poor thing!

4. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Well, if she's that brash when she talks to people, she shouldn't be offended when someone is as brash. What's good for the the goose is good for the gander, and all that stuff.
    I've worked in homecare through out my 25 or so years in the medical field and it's amazing how filthy people can live, turned several people into social services regarding the conditions they put their kids in. Nothing nastier than walking into a home and having to cut a path through the flies and trying my best to not step on the roaches before finding my patient in a bed I'd never let my dog sleep in. Poor is poor but no one said you had to add nasty/filth to being poor.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Have you been to my brother's house? It sounds like it!

6. INTHEBUFF

Lord have mercy! I hope not.
    But sista, I'm here to tell ya there be some NASTY people out there in the world, think they didn't have a clue as to what H2O and a bar of soap can be used for. And before people get on here and start preaching about some don't have the money etc. let me tell you that I have for a fact seen cleaner homeless people compared to some people that have a roof over their heads and a bathroom with a shower/tub/sink.

7. michelle

Honey, I could tell you some horror stories about the way my sister in law keeps (or doesn't keep) house. I have seen pure green mold growing in her coffee pot more than once and her refrigerator probably has stuff in it from the year I was born. It makes me sick on my stomach just thinking about how nasty she is. I don't know how my brother lives like that because we were raised in a home that was always spotless.

8. Cleopatra

I guess there's one thing she keeps clean, eh Michelle? lol

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Lord I hope and pray so..for hubbie`s sake alone...

10. INTHEBUFF

Love baby, Love. Or as the old saying goes, she must be good at something.

11. INTHEBUFF

Or as earlier posted, some like the smell. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!

12. michelle

I'm not gonna touch that one. I have no idea and the thought of it makes me throw up a little.

Ewww! [​IMG]

13. Cleopatra

Oh yeah, the marinade... Don't soap the clam!

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ack: :ack: :ack:

15. michelle

Ewww . . . I don't feel well.