C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

CLIVE!!! How are you!! Good to see you post! Being the diehard State Fan, am thinking of going to see Johnny and Daniel Evans speak this coming weekend! Glad you're still around!:mrgreen:

2. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly. Still here. Just been distracted by alot of "stuff" going on and spending a bunch of time on another musicians forum(gasp!). I'm playing acoustic guitar at church this weekend so catch me after service if you make it.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I will do just that! I am so glad you are still around! Good to see you gracing us with your presence ( ya cheater) :lol:;).

4. deliqueen

deliqueen Guest

:lol:So was my husband when I met him...He took it on himself to find out, do research, see the missionaries...etc...WITHOUT telling me (i wasn't exactly 'active') soooo now we are just one big happy Mormon family...I just have to re-activate "completely"...( I DO love a STARBUCKS!!!!!) but I quit smoking and drinking alchohol...and he (as hard as it was, being southern born and bred) gave up beer, dip, and GASP* SWEET-TEA....it ain't easy but we actually feel better and are in better physical condition...soooo

5. ws

ws Well-Known Member

build a turn lane

6. littleguy

littleguy Well-Known Member

This C3 thread has had many discussions about different subjects but to change from C3 to a discussion on Mormons is way out in left field. The Mormons are a cult. Want proof? Just google; Are mormons a cult? spend several days in research and then answer the question yourself.
    I have several very good friends that are Mormons. They live a clean life.

Are you aware that Mormons baptise for the dead in their temples? they line up in the temples, take a computerized name of someone that died over 100 years ago, get baptised for that deceased person.

Maybe someone should start a new thread on belief of Mormons.

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I got news for you, many think rightly or wrongly that C3 is a cult. If I remember right this was even mentioned in the N&O about a year ago.I personally think the world would be a lot better without any religion, but as long as they have to exist why don't you act like Christians are supposed to?

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Mormons can't drink sweet tea?? :?

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

caffeine.

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I did not know that.......

Hmm, the things you learn on 4042.com.......

11. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

For Momoms craving some sweet tea... at home anyway. :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

12. blessed

blessed Well-Known Member

And that would be....HOW exactly????

13. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

So how does one act like a Christian is supposed to act? What is the right way? meeting you where your at and showing you the love of Jesus in a real and practical way or beating you over the head with my King James and telling you that if you don't accept Jesus Christ then your going to Burn, or should I stand on the corner with a sandwich board saying turn or burn? :allears:

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I have said it before. Sharing Jesus is like sharing a sandwich. You offer one a bite, you do not cram it down their throat. Jesus is Love.

Hey littleguy - We can start another thread on what a cult the Church of LDS is, as long as we can have a negative thread on your church/religion too. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right? Personally, I don't see why the two cannot coexist, there is enough room in the world and surely 4042 for both (and not to mention the million other religions out there). Alot of religions have beliefs or traditions that you might not agree with, I am sure some might feel the same about your church. But when it comes down to it, what does it matter? Are you all not worshipping the same God? Don't the ends justify the means? Wouldn't you rather see your neighbor in heaven rather than not at all because he went to the "wrong" church?

15. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

ok - i have been very critical of someof the things that C3 has done in the past. namely the construction too early in the morning. I am not a fan of the loud music but until it is window opening time - it is not bad. I really don't like the lights being on all the time - i feel like I have moved to the city. There is such a thing as light polution. Did you know they also have a security guard there? Or at least the car is there. I
    thought this was interesting.
    I have no beef with whatever they are preaching. If I desire to attend I will. I happen to know abunch of folks that go there and some I love and respect greatly. churches are simple - if you don't like them don't go. period. Find one you do like.
    The original post made it seem like this girl was asking for stuff and they turned her down. I know someone else who went over there and asked for stuff and money. i think that is low. God helps those who Helps themselves.
    I keep right on plugging along - I would never think of asking for assistance if I wasn't trying myself, and if I did ask, I would look at it as a blessing not something I could expect.

16. Clif

Clif Guest

Actually it's not so much the caffeine as it is the "hot" drink (currently listed as coffee and tea of any temperature, whether or not it contains caffeine).

The "ban" comes from The D&C (89:9) which states:
    "And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly."

Colas are not banned, even though they do contain caffeine.

17. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

So ice cold sweet tea is considered a "hot drink"? That makes no sense. :?

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hey Clif, where ya been? I was about to start a search party thread!

Hot Drinks are interpreted to cover cofee and tea.

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-2913,subcat-RELIGION.html

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Well one must remember that, in the time when the D&C was given to Joseph Smith (1833), tea and coffee was rarely, if ever, served iced.

20. Clif

Clif Guest

There already was one (which I posted in).

I'm not really back, just felt obligated to correct some misunderstandings about Mormonism.

Do I remember right that you are (or were) LDS?