What can I do with my kids?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tigers are Grrr8!, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Tigers are Grrr8!

Tigers are Grrr8! Active Member

My wife and I will be in town for 4 days in a couple of weeks. What the heck am I going to do with my 2 and 3 year old girls? Obviously looking at houses is going to be tough enough, but unavoidable. :nopity:

What I want to know is where I can take them to let off some steam after house-hunting is done for the day.

Suggestions please!

Thanks in advance,

Brady

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

yeah, house hunting is no fun for little ones, that's for sure. Are you going to be in the johnston county area or raleigh? There used to be a great arcade right at 40/42 but I think it's gone now. There's chuck e cheese in Raleigh on Capital and Bullwinkles in Cary (that's probably hard to find for someone who doesn't know the area though). You might want to check on this website for upcoming events, maybe there'll be something going on while you're here. Of course there's some local parks, but not sure how the weather will be at that time. I'm trying to think of what else there is...If you want to stop at fast food for lunch, every kid I know loves Chick-fil-a and they all have indoor playgrounds. I'll keep thinking for you...I have 3 kids but they're all boys, and are a little older than yours.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

UP & Away play @ 4042? Drop them (kids) off and you and your wifey head up to the draft house for some dinner?

4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yeah, I take my kids to up & away occasionally. I'm not sure how your kids would do being in a strange place with strange people, but my kids love it there. It's basically an as-you-need babysitter, not really a daycare. You just need to call at least a day before and let them know you're coming, to make sure they have openings, although I've never had a problem getting in. I know in the mornings they do 9-1 for either $15 or $20, can't remember exactly. It's just a big playroom, and they change, feed, give snacks, that sort of thing. That's right here at 40/42, and there's a bunch of places right here at 40/42 also to eat, if that's the area you'll be in. Cracker Barrell, Ruby Tuesday, Golden Corral and every kind of fast food imaginable!

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

'Cept Chick Fila :banghead::banghead:

Would someone please build a Chick Fila? PLEASE!

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

There is a Chik-Fil-A, at White Oak....

However, I sure wouldn't be eating there, if I am dropping the kids off, be going to Ruby Tuesday or Outback or La Piazza....somewhere romantical perhaps :mrgreen:

7. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Brady,

There is a roller skating rink and a bowling alley (expensive!) a few miles east of 4042 on 42.....

There is a movie theater on route 70 at White Oak (by Target).

Sluggers...(batting cages) on Cleveland School Road (not sure if it will be open when you are here).

Clayton COmmunity Park on Amelia Church Road (off 42 toward 70) where they can run around, play tennis, climb on the jungle gyms, throw a ball around...

Good luck....

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I didn't recommend Sluggers because of their ages. I did forget about the skating rink (I've never been) and the bowling alley. The bowling alley is great for kids, they have a nice sized arcade in there, and if you go during the day it shouldn't be crowded at all, they're open pretty early in the day too. They're both right down the road on 42, maybe 4 or 5 miles? Keep going past them and turn onto Hwy 70 and you'll find Venero's, a grrrrreeaat Italian/pizza place! (you might want to go early with little ones though, it gets busy in the evenings!)

9. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

screamin' mimis

Take them to screamin mimi's. We love to take our kids there! In my opinion I like it more for them than Up and Away. Tara, the owner, is wonderful, as is all of her staff.

The website is http://www.screaminmimiskidsplace.com It is located on 70 in the same plaza as Wal-Mart.

You can go to dinner at several nearby restaurants, or stay there with your kids.

10. bostonredhead

Sorry - I read it quick and missed the ages.

With kids that young I wouldn't recommend Venero's - Pizza Hut or Pizza Inn/CiCi's would be a better bet.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Have to say, for right now, let's stay away from Pizza Hut, they were on the worst of the worst for sanitation grades on Friday's WRAL. CiCi's has a good buffet, lots of choices for the kids including Mac & Cheese pizza, which my son loves. But it's "fast food" pizza, not really a "nice" restaurant. Cartoons are playing on the TV and it's pretty noisy. :mrgreen:

12. bostonredhead

Agreed - just figured for a 2 and a 3 year old in a strange town, it's something not too pricey that they would eat...

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

yep, yep!! :jester:

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Didn't hear that about Pizza Hut, we just got a pizza there last week - my son loves the stuffed crust pizza. Good to know.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

C3 had got that new indoor playground, too - right? If you need a few hours to yourselves during the day, send me a PM. I have 18MO and 3.5 YO daughters.

Oh, and my daughters loved the calamari at La Piazza. <wink>

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

And a Starbucks, so I hear! :mrgreen:

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I went to the screaming mimi's website and look...how cute!

Valentine's Day Play Prom! Friday, February 15th!

How cute is this! Children will be welcomed by our bright, colorful Valentine's Day decorated center. Kid's are encouraged to dress in their "play prom" attire. They will enjoy kid's dance music, valentines cake and goodies, a mini corsage or boutonniere, a prom photo and more! 6pm-Mid $30, siblings, $20 (sorry, package hours may not be used) Reserve your child's spot today

18. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on sending our kids there for prom. I got them some outfits at Goodwill.

We took our kids there for the Webkins event, and they had a blast. I am a big fan of Screamin' Mimis (and jealous I didn't think of it first :)

19. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

if you are in the garner area depending on the weather there's a playground on highway 50

or in raleigh at triangle town center on capital blvd they have an in-door play area.

cary town center mall has a carousel. chuck-e-cheese is also on capital blvd.

20. Tigers are Grrr8!

Tigers are Grrr8! Active Member

Wow, thanks everyone!

I am truly grateful for all of your input...super helpful.

I've already made reservations at Pizza Hut! :jester:

Screamin' Mimi's sounds terrific, but I've yet to look up Up and Away.

Cleo, your offer is so generous I can't believe it. Suffice it to say that nobody in Michigan would ever make that offer! Will PM you if need arises, but I sure hate to put you out like that, though my girls would probably have a riot with yours.

You know, until a few days ago, I didn't even realize that we were coming down Valentine's weekend. Turns out, on V-Day we'll be driving 10.5 hours after working half the day. Some romantic I turned out to be. :neutral:

Thanks again, and I'm still open to any and all suggestions...