C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Very cute.

Grace

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Iknow that C3 has annoyed me in the past but I fail to understand what his personal home has to dp with it unless he is using money from the church for it. That is something we will never know.

Just because a church doesn't work for me doesn't mean it is a bad place. Many people I know and respect seem to think it is a wonderful place.

i may hate the lights - which are still on all night, every night. UGH!!!! Light Polution!!!!
    And everyone knows I hated the construction.
    I am not thrilled about a coffee shop in a church.
    I still question their caring about the community and their neighbors, but I seriously will not sit and judge the joint. I simply express my personal feelings. God will judge everyone and since I am not even remotely close to being God, I am not going to worry about it.

3. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Now that is funny.......................

4. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Again.....

5. NadiaP

NadiaP Well-Known Member

Todays mail brought a lovely letter of thanks from the Childrens Ministries Dept. for our attendance at c3 last weekend. It included a phone number for any questions and a hope that we will visit again.:lol:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am not sure how your churches work, but ours has a budget, all the members vote on it and the Minister, Music Director, Youth Director and staffs salaries are all there for everyone to see (spreadsheet handed out down to the dollar). Our church has just under 600 members which means you will not have a lot of face time with the minister, which is why we also have contact circles if you need additional support.

Our Minister's annual salary comes to ~ $80k with Health Care, but out of that he pays for his own housing and retirement/SS. Seems like a lot for 3 Sunday's a month but he also is in charge of the day to day running of the church.

7. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks for that information. I had not a clue what any minister of any faith makes and that is eye opening. Rest assured I understand that this is one church and one faith not all. Still interesting.

Grace

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Why only 3 Sunday's a month?

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

In a lot of our church's (Unitarian-Universalist) most do not have ministers, so it is kind of a tradition for the members of the congregation do one service a month.

Those months with 5 Sundays we usually invite a local Minister, typically from a different faith or from the National office come speak.

Typically our Minister than talks at another church when he is not with us.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I thought these were important points, so I took it upon myself to ask God. And here is her/his/its answers:

Human: What do you think of the C3 church?
    godsbot: I need time to formulate the reply.

Human: But you are God in a robot form, how much time do you need?
    godsbot: Thanks for telling me that I am God in a robot form how much time do me need.

Human: Is the Mormon Church a cult?
    godsbot: If it is, then I'll be very surprised.

So God says the Mormons are not a cult, issue settled!

http://fra_nsn.vhost.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk-oddcast?botid=a44d930b5e36e0e9
    This is a Christian Artificial Intelligence program

11. deliqueen

deliqueen Guest

okay...so he makes money from the church...I personally know that if YOU people are interested in becoming a "pastor" that one of the larger churches in the Smithfield Selma area is willing to start you out at 75,000.00 a year...plus the housing and other "perks"...however if you feel bad about taking money from the church...then PLEASE...VOLUNTEER to be a PREACHER of the faith...I mean the prophets of old never got paid...(most of them were stoned to death...)obviously his services are worth what is recieving from the members of that particular church..OR... they would not GIVE the amount they are GIVING...unless I am wrong..I just can't see ANY church sending out monthly bills saying...OH and by the way the LORD is looking forward to your on-time monthly payment in the amount of 200.00 this month...HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

I think what it boils down to is YOU people who are sooo concerned about where the man lives, what the man drives, what brand name his jeans are...are simply jealous of where HE is and what HE's doing, and that YOU are not...I guarantee that those who are concerned are HAVE-NOTS and are WANT-TO'S...I am happy where I am in life...granted it is NOT where I thought I would be at age 40...however, I do NOT begrudge others their worldly possessions, nor do I begrudge them their Religions or Faiths, for the simple fact that where they are, how they got there and what they do with their time and money has absolutely NO bearing on my life and how I feel about myself and my loved ones, or whether or not I believe in God. Because there is a far greater power than my humble self who will be doing the judging in the end. beside I think 'THOU SHALT NOT COVET..." is written somewhere..is it not?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008
  12. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Jenn, enjoyed your post. Welcome aboard, Sister!

13. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

How does it show that??...I don't see anywhere on the tax listing that his house is paid for with tithes.

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

No freakin' doubt, I agree 100% with every word.

oh and SB...did you know Johnny and Daniel Evans are speaking this Sunday there? I have heard Johnny speak and am interested in hearing Daniel.
    http://www.c3church.org/2008/01/23/super-sunday-at-c3/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't pray! Not my thing, so I will pass.

16. boomergirl

boomergirl Guest

c=3 Mall is more like it

Jim and Tammy Faye Baker come to mind

17. boomergirl

boomergirl Guest

now for religion in our schools

did you know giddeons were handing out bibles at cleveland middle cafeteria the other day. they harrassed some kid who didn't want one . what are they doing at the school. also why were there church services held at the elementary school , this is all so against the law

18. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

My child attends CMS, she didn't mention it. I'll have to ask her about it.

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Huh? Church services at the school? You mean on Sundays? EGADS!!!

My son would have been the FIRST to say anything if bibles were being passed out at school! I call BS.

20. boomergirl

boomergirl Guest

you need to check it out , it is really going on