C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

ON SUNDAYS??????

O.M.G.

I'm gonna call the school right now.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

A lot of churches rent space in the schools on Sundays for services. Our church did before we bought a building. I think C3 did too.

3. boomergirl

boomergirl Guest

it happened in 8th grade lunch, and the church services were held last year, i saw the signs every friday when i picked up grandkids there, i don't know about this year.
    i was at an assembly last year at the elementary school and the principal was praising Jesus. I was shocked.I am a believer, but I dont want any religion in schools.

4. Cleopatra

YES, schools in the community DO allow churches that do not have their own gathering place to use the facilities on the weekend. Isn't it nice to live in a community like this?

YES, there were bibles set up on a table at 8th grade lunch available for students to pick up if they chose. There was nobody passing them out. The Gideons drop off bibles once a year, it IS legal. It is also 8th grade, not 1st grade. The kids are old enough to start making their own decisions.

My guess is your child likes to wind you up and watch you go. IOW - you got played by an 8th grader.

Next time, call the school and find out for yourself instead of spreading rumors.

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I think it's the other way 'round. If schools make their facilities available to outside groups during non-school hours, I think it would be illegal to refuse one group based on religion.

6. boomergirl

boomergirl Guest

you may think all kids are lying all the time, but you may be wrong. school officials tend to lie when they know they are doing something wrong . if it were mormons, or muslims putting out the literature i bet you would be believing wouldn't you your high and mightyness. the only thing the school should allow put out at school lunch are decent meals.

7. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

You ain't from around here are you?

I'm guessing you're talking to Cleo and she is open to learning about all religions, as am I. We've had this discussion many times on this board already.:lol:

8. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

I'm just sitting here thanking God, it's not me this time, lololol... I learned my lesson....... whew, :popcorn:

9. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

It may seem like a lot, but remember it is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A minister is always on call.

10. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

:lol:

11. krattie

krattie Well-Known Member

Also, even though they get a w-2 they are considered self-employed. Churches do not take out nor do they pay FICA and medicare. Ministers are responsible for the whole 15.3% so at a minimum they pay 30% of their income in taxes. They do have the option to opt out and not pay, but they also won't collect either.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I think a couple of Churches currently use the Clayton Town Hall for services also, I know I have felt guilty a few times walking in there all grungy like while they were still there. I have no problem with it as long as they pay for the hall.

13. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Today's church is presenting itself as something to be enjoyed rather than being life-changing. If life-changing is the promise in the advertising then it has purposed pleasure to be the means and method of choice by which it is to be accomplished. With the worlds music and 'dress down' code of conduct no longer sufficient,now being the norm, more is needed to keep people 'happy' in the sanctuary of God's house. Coffee shops are now the 'in thing'. Can bagels and cream cheese be far behind? Sushi maybe?

Churches today are no longer seeking those seeking God but, in the Name of Jesus, those they can persuade to join its business ventures and be satisfied with their 'man reasoned doctrine' of God.

Compromising God in any degree with the world will bring failure and destroy lives.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  14. Grace Slick

Grace Slick Well-Known Member

Yes, I do understand. I did not understand that taxes were not taken out and they were considered self-employed. To me, the dollar amount Hugh Posted was insufficient for the services rendered. But that is just my opinion.

Grace

15. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Would muslim teachers teaching [influencing] your children be okay with you?

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Ormley, haven't heard from you in a while, I hope you have been well!

17. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Wonderful, my friend! The meetings at Bisquitville and Bojangles have been great!

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:)

19. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know, and the crowds have been overwhelming.... :lol:

20. Cleopatra

That's so funny! That's exactly what I said when I talked to the administration. I said "I think it's great that the kids are getting the opportunity to be exposed to different religions. In 8th grade, they are getting to the point where they could make those decisions themselves. It would be nice if other groups participated as well, like LDS and Buddhists."

See, I got you covered boomergirl. When your 8th grader brings home the Tibetan Book of The Dead - you can thank me!!!!!

BTW - Funny - I was the FIRST parent to ever call and get the facts, I was told. Just sayin'.