C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Hmmm... That's definitely different than what's in the Bible...
    "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
    Matthew 18:20

I understand that the word "Ormly" is Sanskrit for "I don't know anything, but if I say something enough maybe people will believe me."

You show me proof of yours and I'll show you proof of mine.

2. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

For me, Bojangles is more spiritually satisfying than an oversized 'Starbucks, cafe any day.

3. Clif

Clif Guest

You don't understand, do you?

Jesus said, in effect, it doesn't matter where, it only matters why.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

AMEN SISTA! :grouphug:

5. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Yes? So what does Bojangles change in that? Can't Jesus be there in our midst?

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

yes, but he can also be at c3, coffee, rock band and all....

and i'm with clif. i'd like to see proof that the government no longer considers c3 a church.

7. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Starbucks made the change is what I understand.

8. binarydig2

binarydig2 Well-Known Member

Yea, its not uncommon for Pastors to re-use or re-write previous sermons if they feel led to discuss that topic again. But actually, this past weekend we had a two guest speakers come in and they shared their own message with 3 C's. Our guest speaker was Johnny Evans, Voice of the Wolfpack, and his son Daniel Evans, the starting quarterback for NC State.

He had a good message that touched alot of people. You can listen to it on C3's website, if you are interested. It should be posted soon. http://www.c3church.org/resources/sermon/

9. Clif

Clif Guest

I had no idea Johnston County had a news paper.

That's what I said.

Starbucks made C3 change to business?

To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure what you understand (not that I ever did). You said:
    That statement is pretty cut and dried. No parsing necessary, a straight statement that at 9:27 (edited at 9:30) this morning, you were under the belief that C3 is classified by the government as a business.

And now you say that Starbuck made the change?

Less than an hour later, you had the understanding that it was Starbucks.

And so, which is it? Does the government classify C3 as a business or not?

10. clive

clive Well-Known Member

Just for everyone's clarification, the coffee shop at C3 is not going to be a "Starbuck's Coffee" shop. They don't do churches. It's simply going to be a coffee shop that has Starbuck's brand coffee.
    :beathorse:

11. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Consider that to be your shorcoming, not mine.

12. Clif

Clif Guest

I read a statement from a wise man recently:
    "If you have failed to have someone see your point of view then maybe you need to assess how effectively you have communicated that point of view."

13. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

And maybe there are some, regardless of how well a particular point of view is communicated, will never hear because they don't want to. Is that you?

Maybe it is that you should be assessing yourself. . . . and, 'to thine ownself, be true'.

14. Clif

Clif Guest

Nope. Not hardly.

I asked a simple question and got no answer, simple or otherwise.

I do on a daily basis.

15. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Well try a little harder. Perhaps the slot only takes quarters. BTW, what was your simple question that you believe wasn't answered that has caused you pain and suffering such that you feel the need to belch forth your pleasantries?

16. Clif

Clif Guest

Here's your sign...

[​IMG]

17. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Hey Clive how's it going??? You going to be at practice tonight? It a waste f time to try and tell Wormly that it is not Starbuck just Star bucks brand coffee I said it enough times funny thing is that it gets over looked and then brought back up again a month later.

19. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Does it really matter? The fact of the matter is this "church" is doing what Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for doing . . . money changing and turning His house of worship into a place of merchandise. He beatum with a whip.

20. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

coffee is merchandise? Huh? what?