C3 IS A JOKE

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by d15pwer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

oh I have no doubt he thinks that about women, no doubt at all. He talks out both sides of his mouth and has some kind of agenda that has nothing to do with God. Freak.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is interesting. Why not 2, 3, and 4. Totally agree with bandmom on #1.

3. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

Worship? Meet somewhrere to have worship?? I never said that. Seems you read into other's writings as you see fit and only what you chose to read what you want. I said we meet and have "square table discussions" about Jesus Christ.

4. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

10-4 on churches no longer supporting cemeteries on their property. Land is just too valuable today, and there's nothing like a cemetery to hamper any expansion plans as the church grows.

Plus, with our mobile society today, unless you have family ties with a church that has a cemetery, many burials take place in large perpetual care cemeteries or back in their home community.

5. Ormly

Ormly Well-Known Member

I know that his sermons and teaching are someone elses. He only parrots the messages he gives out. This begs the question: where is the Holy Spirit in that? Where is the inspiration?

6. Shine

Shine Guest

My Pre-Schooler went to C3 with friends and came home singing and doing the dance to "Souljr" (don't know how to spell it...not into it) Boy. Said that she learned it at church. She doesn't go to daycare, doesn't have older siblings, stays home with me and I only allow Christian music and hardly any TV. Now I've known of churches to take "popular rock songs" or whatever and change the lyrics to Christian ones. I don't agree with this....but Soulj'a Boy????? That is TRASH and obscene. And to let it go on in a church???? Something is WRONG.

7. Shine

Shine Guest

Didn't mean to do 2 posts....but I have been told as well that his sermons are mailed to him. Is C3 one of Rick Warren's churches? (The Purpose Driven Life)

8. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

So you worship in a sanctuary that is suitable for God to discuss him? Why not meet at your church to discuss him?

I don't think God cares where any of us worship him, as long as he is being worshiped, personally.

Seems you read into any one worshiping God doesn't matter, because your way is the only "proper" way....get real. I guess God thinks it's okay for you to think your way is the only right way and everyone else is going to hell right?

Can't fix it...

9. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

No pastor Matt does not visit people who are sick in the church, think about it how can he possibly know when someone is sick out of 3000 people, there is someone on staff who does go visit people and alot of it is left up to connect groups which is where you connect personally with others.

We have done weddings in the past but its just not the heart beat of the church, A church is for hurting lost people to come and find Jesus not a wedding chapel.

I have been going to c3 for 7 years now and NEVER like seriously NEVER have seen a fund raiser from c3 and if we have a cook out or BBQ then the food has and will always be free to anyone and everyone in the community.

Hope this clears some stuff up

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

nope

and I believe someone gave him his sign a few pages back....

11. Clif

Clif Guest

Actually He was very specific on the matter.

12. Southernborn

Enlighten me Clif. Also was that from God directly, or the people who wrote the Bible and their interpretations?

13. Clif

Clif Guest

It was from God, directly. But then I guess it depends on what you believe. If you believe the words of Jesus, as written in the Bible, are accurate, then it was His direct quote.

14. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

I like how all the rumors get started with "I was told".. who told you??? did Pastor Matt tell you or his wife??? or just another gossip? I know that he does do his own sermons.. Not all the time but sometimes.. And the other times are form other pastors ans Christian leaders who taught and seen the benefit of it but does that mean another pastor cant use it?? As Ed Young said at a leadership conference one time "If you got eyes plagiarize" I see nothing wrong with using other peoples resources.. does it really matter if he thought of it or used some one else's stuff as long as the gospel of Jesus Christ is taught??

15. Southernborn

I guess I'm doing it right then. I pray in private and my relationship is between God and I only. :mrgreen:

So I guess I could interpret that as meaning, those that meet in biscuitville so that they can be seen by others are definitely hypocrites.8)

16. Clif

Clif Guest

As are those who meet at the big building with all the lights that keep Peppercorns up at night.

17. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Evidently I missed the whole Biscuitville deal...enlighten me?

18. Clif

Clif Guest

It started with this post:

19. Southernborn

That Ormly dude that keeps posting negative things about C3 (and he probably would about any other church that isn't his) meets with a group of folks to discuss Jesus at Biscuitville. :lol:

20. Southernborn

So that would really apply to any organized church then wouldn't it. Nice to learn something new everyday...thanks Clif!~